RobinC

Default Living in the wrong era?

How many of you feel the same?

I know that conditions of living would be different but I was lucky enough to be born in the late 1970s where technology wasn't as advanced as it is today and my early years in the 80s and my teenage years in the 90s were again almost technology free compared to what we have today.

I know that we depend on technology these days whether it is to research family history or for other reasons but have you ever thought what would happen if all this technology crashed?

Would we regress to the start of the 20th century where concerns over our offspring may be less as it would be harder for people to do them harm or would there be a fail safe where technology would continue?

Which would you prefer?

Knowledgeable and helpful

I do. I feel like I should be living in the future.

Born in 1970, and happy to be born at this time when so many interesting things are happening.

Mutley

Each generation has to accept the new but reverts to the old.
    I remember I wanted a bike,
    my dad said, "bike? you'll have to buy it yourself, we didn't have bikes, we walked, what's wrong with your legs?

My children wanted a scooter,
    I said, "scooter? where do we get the money for one of those, we didn't have scooters, we rode bikes, what's wrong with those?"

My grandchildren want a car,
    My children say, "car? what do think we are made of, how can we afford a car, we had scooters, make do with one of them?"

and so it goes on.....
    I am not at all sure what the next generation will want, perhaps it will go backwards

Boots? what on earth do you want boots for? we went barefooted

As for technology, a WI, a DS, an Ipod, an Xbox, a Reader, a Netbook..... I've lost the plot already.

v.wells

I feel the same way Mutley

RobinC -If I could turn my age back a few eras I might be more content - time seems to be rapidly flying by and I am afraid of running out of time!