Starting to feel at home

Default Aaron and Betty Chivers, Holcombe

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone knew anything about an Aaron Chivers who married an Elizabeth [Bety]. I cannot find their marriage or a christening record for either. They were christening children in Holcombe from 1756 onwards. Someone has said that Aaron was from Winterbourne Bassett but I can find no proof of that.
    Also, would anyone know anything about John Edwards who married Elizabeth Barber in Horningsham 26/2/1782. I would like to know about his parents and where he is from if possible. Any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou.
    Ros

Thomasin

There was an Aaron Chivers in Winterbourne Bassett, but he was baptised on 23 Dec 1832 and died at the age of 18 months (parents James and Mary).

It looks as if your Aaron Chivers died in Holcombe at the age of 75 (calculated year of birth 1735) and was buried on 20 Feb 1810.

Sandra Parker

Have you been in touch with Richard Chilvers?. He has a most comprehensive one name study.

www.
    chilversgenealogy.co.uk

Sandra whose spectacled aura has a touch of Chilvers.
    Last edited by Kerrywood; 16-04-2011 at 2:20 PM. Reason: direct link to site promoting items for sale

Starting to feel at home

Default Thankyou

Hi, Sandra
    I have no idea why I didn't see this reply. I just wanted to thank you. I did take a look but he deals very much with Chilvers rather than Chivers. Thankyou anyway.
    Ros

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra Parker View Post
    Have you been in touch with Richard Chilvers?. He has a most comprehensive one name study.

www.
    chilversgenealogy.co.uk

Sandra whose spectacled aura has a touch of Chilvers.

Starting to feel at home

Hi, Thomasin
    I really must apologise for not replying sooner. I don't know what went wrong. Thank you for your reply. The Aaron Chivers b 1832 was a descendant of mine and the finding the birht date of the older one was very useful. Thanks.
    Ros