Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sandy

Default Daniel Wheeler is he born in Hagbourne

Hi We are trying to find Daniel Wheeler. The only information that i have is that on the 1851 census he is born in 1801 at Hagbourne. On the parish records the only information they have is that he married Eliiza Essex in May 1823. I do know that he moved to Aston Tirrold and that his children are born there.I have been told that he died in Queensland in Feb 1879 I wont to try and find were he was born Any information will help
    Thank you Sandy and family

Coromandel

I don't have access to the census today so can't help on that front. Instead I have been looking at the Australian end of things, which you asked about in your other post (now closed).

I expect you have already seen this site:

https://
    family.gdavis.id.au/p00123.htm#17269

According to this, Elizabeth Wheeler died 6 August 1870 Ipswich, Queensland [born about 1803 Berkshire England, daughter of William & Hannah 'Esseck'*]
    Daniel Wheeler died 20 Feb 1879, Ipswich, Queensland [born about 1802 Berkshire England, son of Daniel Wheeler & Martha Brown*]

*These details may well be from their death certificates but this is not stated. The site gives the name of the researcher who provided this information. The Queensland BDMs site seems to be down for maintenance this weekend, unfortunately.

Also from this site, it appears that four of Daniel and Eliza(beth)'s daughters were in Queensland too:

Mary Hicks Wheeler married Thomas Jones 1864 Queensland
    Hannah Wheeler married James Savage (doesn't say where/when) and died 1914 Queensland
    Jane Wheeler married Richard Smith 1859 Queensland
    Lucy Wheeler married George Nutley 1867 Ipswich, Queensland

When is the last sighting of all these people in England?

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    According to this, Elizabeth Wheeler died 6 August 1870 Ipswich, Queensland [born about 1803 Berkshire England, daughter of William & Hannah 'Esseck'*]
    Daniel Wheeler died 20 Feb 1879, Ipswich, Queensland [born about 1802 Berkshire England, son of Daniel Wheeler & Martha Brown*]
    However, exactly the same date of death is given on a WorldConnect tree for a different Daniel Wheeler:

wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=cpl&id=I3580

So, which Daniel really died that day?

sandy

Hi Thank you for the information
    so far i have found a Daniel Wheeler born 1801 with wife Eliza on the 1841, 1851 census, but in 1861 the Daniel Wheeler living in Hagbourne is born in Aston Buckinghamshire his wife Eliza is born 1803 at Hagbourne and he has 2 of his childern with him
    Mary born 1842 at Hagbourne
    Lucy born 1848 at Hagbourne
    Thank you Sandy

Coromandel

I can see a Daniel Wheeler (1879) and Eliza Wheeler (1870) in the Australia death index on Ancestry. I don't have access to check what details are shown for them. Perhaps someone else can oblige?

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    The site gives the name of the researcher who provided this information.
    . . . and the reference IDPR 2 which I have now discovered stands for Ipswich & District Pioneer Register, vol. 2. It is published by the Ipswich Genealogical Society:

sites.google.com/site/ipsgen/publications

RobinC

Name: Daniel Wheeler
    Death Date: 20 Feb 1879
    Death Place: Queensland
    Registration Year: 1879

Name: Eliza Wheeler
    Death Date: 6 Aug 1870
    Father's Name: William Esseck
    Mother's Name: Hannah

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Name: Daniel Wheeler
    Death Date: 20 Feb 1879
    Registration Year: 1879
    Thank you Robin

Hmm. That entry for Daniel is rather uninformative. It doesn't really help clear up the confusion about which Daniel he is.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Name: Eliza Wheeler
    Death Date: 6 Aug 1870
    Father's Name: William Esseck
    Mother's Name: Hannah
    There was a couple called William & Hannah Essex having children baptised in Hagbourne in the 1790s and early 1800s (FamilySearch) so this looks promising. Annoyingly I can't see an Eliza Essex among them.

RobinC

Unfortunately there isn't a birth year or place listed for either Daniel or Eliza. I was going to check the Queensland bmd site but it's not working at the moment.

Mutley

There is a public tree on Ancestry for Daniel and Eliza. I think it gives fifteen children for them!!
    Daniel is down as his death being registered in Ipswich, Queensland on 20 Feb 1879.
    His parents are shown as Daniel Wheeler 1749 - 1809 and Elizabeth Ann Lawrence 1773 - .

There does not seem to be a marriage listed for them. The eldest child Meshack has dates 1823 - 1881 and so does Shadrack.
    Twins or one and the same? There are no other details for these two children.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast