Thread: Help needed !!

Loves to help with queries

Default Help needed !!

Hi. I'm hoping some kind person can find the death record for my grandfathers sister, Ann (Annie) Hayes nee Flaherty born 18/05/1884 in Lawrence ,Essex , Massachusetts, USA . Annie married Alfred Hayes in Manchester UK and was living in Bradford Manchester in the 1911 census and that is the last information i have on her.
    Thanks

josie7644

Hello Colwyn,

There is a death registration of Ann Hayes, aged 82 in Q3 1966 in the Barton RD, vol 10b, page 206.

Josie
    Last edited by josie7644; 18-10-2011 at 7:33 PM. Reason: More info

Brick wall demolition expert!

Another possibility for you (if she stayed in the same area) is....

Death Jun 1953 Manchester 10E 195
    HAYES, Annie
    Age at death: 69
    Est. birth date: 1884

According to this, the Manchester registration district was recreated in 1939 and included the sub district of Prestwich (which used to be the district that covered Bradford.)

The problem is that we don't know if Annie stayed around the Bradford area. When ordering a death certificate, you could try specifying wife or widow of Alfred.

Loves to help with queries

Thanks very much for the details. Sadly I have no information after the 1911 census so I have no idea if the family stayed in the area or not. I have looked at Freebmd and the Manchester on line Burial records without success ,so it looks like I'll have to send for a copy of the death certificate.