Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mutley

Sorry Peter, I forgot about the book number.

The reference should be HO107/ Piece 669, Book: 2, Folio 42, Page 4.
    ((census records held by TNA, Crown Copyright)

Reputation beyond repute

Touché!

You are right to point out that it is also important to copy the piece number correctly!

Colin Moretti

There's also BISHOPS WALTHAM in Hampshire; the baptisms, marriages and burials are indexed on fmp

Colin

JohnN

Not Walton, but perhaps ALTON?
    (between Aldershot and Winchester).

Mutley

As Peter said in post #10, please come back Adrian and put us out of our misery. You must know more.

hawkeyeage

Thanks to all for your replies.

William Price is certainly a common name and although there are numerous marriages between William Price and Ann in the London/Middlesex/Surrey areas in question, I have yet to find proof or a concrete link to match them.

What I have at the moment are the 1841 census: HO107; Piece 669; Book: 2; Civil Parish: St Sepulchre; County: Middlesex; Enumeration District: 15; Folio: 42; Page: 4 and 1851 census: HO107; Piece: 1557; Folio: 323; Page: 60.

All the children I have found were born/baptised in Holborn/Southwark area. I have William 1828 and Sarah 1833 (married Robert Peters) and Alice (married Charles John Andrews) that Mutley mentioned.
    Other children to William and Ann are:
    May Ann Price 1812 (St Sepulchre) later married Joseph Richard Bates
    Emma Price 1814 (Lambeth) later married Joseph Shepherd
    Alfred David Price 1815 (St Sepulchre) later married Elizabeth Sarah Moran
    Hannah Elizabeth Price 1816 (St Sepulchre) later married George Knight
    Robert Price 1817 (Southwark) later married Susan Arnold
    Charlotte Price 1819 (Southwark) later married Joseph Price jn. Charlotte is my direct ancestor.
    There's also William 1822 and John 1824, both died 1824 at Southwark Christchurch.

I have found these using the IGI, addresses, occupation and clues through witnesses on marriage records. The LMA's baptism, marriage and death records have also been extremely helpful.

There's also a slight complication that Ann on the census records has a birthdate of 1801. Of course, there is a possibility William married twice, both times to an Ann but as I have said, the proof and link has so far eluded me.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12