Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

Also IMHO it's not a very well-worded petition, which won't help.

Starting to feel at home Creighton's Avatar

Some good comments and reasoning here. Obviously the petition is only for UK residents. I hasten to add that it is not 'my' petition and I came across it and thought it a good idea. I guess that any petition can be picked to pieces for its content or perceived mis-guided concepts and ultimately it is up to the reader whether they think it worthwhile or not. I believe it to be worthwhile as I think we in England should be able to pay a nominal fee to view and download copies of certificates in a similar way as Scotlandspeople website offers the service. This was my reasoning for publicising the e-petition to the forum here, but it has made for a good debate!
    Last edited by Creighton; 05-09-2011 at 8:11 AM. Reason: spelling error

Reputation beyond repute

IMHO there are pertinent questions that could be asked which might have more mileage than the simplistic "I want it cheaper". Why for example does the registration service hang on to historical registers (say before 1911)? Is there a good reason (apart from legislative reasons) for not depositing old registers in record offices?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12