Thread: Help !!

Default Help !!

I've just received info regarding my uncles RAF record and despite the list of common abbreviations they've given me I'm still having problems with some of them
    In the section that says special qualifications it says 190/43 Ex. L.T.T.B. 14/12/42 86%....ANY IDEAS?
    In 1943 it says disch. 127 I.B.C.H. but the C could be either C,E or G, but he didn't leave the RAF until 1946 so I don't undersatnad this.
    It also documents what looks like T.C.Boosa in 1942 but I've tried googling this without success
    Any help would be appreciated.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

While I'm afraid I can't help, I wonder if this thread on another forum might offer some clues?

https://www.
    rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?10117-Sgt-Arthur-Herbert-199-Squadron-%E2%80%93-Wellington-X-HZ582&p=65223#post65223

Well I've found out quite a bit since I posed the queries
    The discharge that I referred Re:- abbreviations I.B.G.H. is apparently The Indian British General Hospital and T.C.Boosa was the training camp in Boosa, Sri Lanka ........ I'm feeling quite chuffed.
    Now to work on all the other abbreviations!!

Errol Martyn

L.T.T.B = possibly L. Trade Test Board (sorry, can't come up with what the L might stand for, unless perhaps Last?)

Errol

Nicolina

it appears that you are not alone. Check out https://www.rafcommands.com/forum/sho...-22-12-1942-70

note that it's the same date, so it most like was a Test Board.

Dougc

I can definitrly help with 190/43 Ex. L.T.T.B. 14/12/42 86%. This a transcription into your Uncle's personal record from a document proulgated on the RAF Staion at which was serving, the document was a Personnel Ocurrance Report, Serial Number 190 of 1943 stating that your Uncle was examined by a Local Trade Test Board on 14 December 1942 (probably at Boosa) and that he passed with a result of 86%. Do you know if he was promoted shortly afterward? If he was it could have been an examination into his knowledge of his trade specifically to determine if he was fit for promotion.
    Last edited by Dougc; 18-11-2011 at 5:04 PM. Reason: Error in date quoted should read 14 Dec 1942

Coromandel

What a very helpful first post! Thank you, Dougc, and welcome to the forum

Dougc many thanks for the info. I've just checked his record and he was promoted to L.A.C. a few weeks later. Thank you

Dougc

Glad to have been of help. 39 years Royal Air Force service has some uses after all!!