eskimoman

Default Hello From Maine - U.S.A.

Hello to all,

I'm here to introduce myself to this group.

My name is Theodore N Stevens Sr and I reside in Maine, U.S.A.

I've been researching my direct and extended family history off and on for about ten years. Like many in the beginning I followed one name after another and just assumed they in fact were family. As the years passed and I gained some knowledge it dawned on me that just because someone or a site stated people were related it wasn't always true.
    Over the years I have learned to do very in-depth research and now I really want to know not just birth and death but who they were and understand more about the time period they lived in. The jobs they worked, place in the community, etc. are what I look to discover now.
    I look forward to interacting with people here to maybe assist me in a 'brick wall" that I have struggled with for the last four plus years in locating information on a 4x great-grand-father from Exeter.

Thanks to all in advance.

Ted Stevens Sr
    Eskimo

Hello Ted and welcome to the forum

Have a browse around and post your queries in the relevant forum.

Please take time out to read the AUP and if you get stuck, you can contact one of the moderators via this link

Good luck with your research

glynisaddy

hi ted
    a warm welcome to the brit-gen forum
    glynis

eskimoman

Hello Graham,

I posted all of the data I have on my 5x grandfather Samuel Stevens almost immediately.

I'm looking forward to researching and getting to understand more about the English culture in the 1700's and prior - history has always been a great love of mine and genealogy is just a natural path to follow.

I have to say I am overwhelmed with the kindness and warmth of the people that have taken the time to post a hello - this is a really great group.

Ted