lynncrest94

Talking Weeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Hello All - Just got my “wings” so I can talk to you! Egged on by a friend, I somewhat reluctantly started family history 2 years ago, convinced it was a waste of time as I knew nothing beyond my grandparents’ names. Now hubby’s neglected, house is filthy and I’m completely obsessed. Shamefully I didn’t know you all existed until today, when I Googled a name from my tree "Comfort Silas Robert Wood Gravener Foord" (yes, really) and found an old thread. I often marvel at the fact that with today’s technology and the online records you can end up knowing more about someone than they knew about themselves......Spooky. But what we wouldn’t give for a 5 minute chat with some of them, eh? I have some great names to play with: Loosley, Pereira and (absolutely no laughing please) Bustard - probably my worst problem by far has been dodgy transcriptions! Despite the names, they are mostly in London and Southwark/Surrey back to the 1770’s and I love to delve into the various trades and area histories. I look forward to chatting and trying to blast down those walls.
    Best!
    Sharron

Brick wall demolition expert!

Hi Sharron and welcome to Brit-Gen

Blimey! I can't believe the name Comfort Silas Robert Wood Gravener Foord. What were his siblings called - no don't tell - probably a disappointing John, William and Mary.

Anyway, everyone here is friendly and helpful so I'm sure you'll soon feel at home. Do have a look around and then if you wish, post any queries you have in the relevant forums. I'm sure our members will do their best to assist and blast down those walls you mention.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Sharon, there'll be no stopping you now. Best get a maid.
    You may even trike lucky by putting your names in the search space up top.

Enjoy your new you.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

lynncrest94

Thankyou, Olliecat. Amazing!!! You got two out of three of the siblings' names right. Are we related?

lynncrest94

Hi there Waitabit, and thanks. I will try that tomorrow.

thecouch

Welcome to the forum Sharron!

A great place to 'hang out' for new and experienced genealogists alike. You will find a tremendously helpful and supportive lot here regardless of where you find yourself blasting brickwalls - locally or internationally.

Cheers,
    thecouch

Oooh, Pereira, now that rings a bell. Southwark eh? that's where my Jewish lot hung out. First I have to remember where Pereira fits in my tree and then, well who knows.
    Welcome to the forum
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

lynncrest94

Hello all - Thank you for your posts. Just found them in Spam! Internet really dodgy at the moment so not able to indulge (withdrawal symptons are awful) but look forward to engineer's visit.......... I do hope that we are connected, Ladkyis, but the less said about my Southwark lot the better!!!