billee-g

Question OLD KIDD ON THE BLOCK NEWBIE

Hi,loads of mistakes to follow.Just registered,new to site and computers,here goes,I have been researching for approx;one year on and off,using ancestry and family tree maker.My research to date is for my own direct family and my wifes.If I have understood the rules of this forum I will be posting my researches of my families in particular.If someone has any relevent information re;my first attempt at human contact on the forum please fire away,much obliged.p.s Most of my family were in the Salford and Manchester areas to date.My experience and knowledge of searching newspapers on finding a particular natural disaster in Salford around 1946 which resulted in the death of one of my grandparents,has left me scratching my head for quite sometime now.I am hoping someone could steer me in the right direction.regards.

billee-g

thank you bo-peep,as you can see from my first attempt I have put some questions in the wrong board.stupid question, how do I find relevent board? under what heading do I post ? at the moment I am in a a monkey see monkey do person mode, soz.

Coromandel

Hello billee-g and welcome to the forum

If you go up to the very top of the page, just to the right of the tree stump you will see the links 'Home', 'Forum', 'Blog' and 'What's new'. Click on 'Forum' and then scroll down the page to see the list of all the many different boards within the forum. There's one for each county, ones for different types of document (e.g. census or BMD certificates), ones for different occupations, etc., etc. If you can't see one that seems appropriate for your query, just use the General Family History Queries board.

In the end it doesn't really matter where you post your message: anyone can see the latest messages in all bits of the forum by clicking on 'Today's Posts' (left-most link in the menu just under the grass). The Moderators can always move your query to a different board if you decide it would be better somewhere else.

So don't worry about making mistakes . . . just have a look round, and when you're ready, fire away with those questions.

Good luck!

P.S. oops, sorry, Bo Peep, I didn't see you had already replied.

Hello Billiee-g welcome to BG forums good luck
    pejay

billee-g

Hi,Thank you for the welcome.(noticed you have no friends on site) my nickname is billee no mates as well.think thats as funny as I get.again thank you (stupid questions to follow.

billee-g

Thank you for your advice.(having a brain cell transplant next week) seriously though,I,m finding this a bit daunting,what with learning how to fathom computers out,as well.regards.