Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nicolaas

The witnesses are Patrick Heaney and Margaret Oneill.

Unfortunately, the names of the parents are not given.

Do you have the precise date for the bp of Ann Cain in Clonallan parish?

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolaas View Post
    Do you have the precise date for the bp of Ann Cain in Clonallan parish?
    Sorry, no. The index in Roots Ireland only gives the year. You would have to pay for the full information. It doesn't appear to be on FamilySearch unfortunately (though it may be worth searching for yourself - I often find information there one day and gone the next!)

Answer

Clonallon (Warrenpoint) records have the following which might support help already given by other posters.

Marriages - William "Kean" to Bridget O'Neill on 18/10/1844. Witnesses are Patrick Heaney and Margaret O'Neill. No parents names or addresses given in those times unlike today.

Baptisms - Anne "Kane" on 1/1/1849 to William "Kane" and Bridget O'Neal. Sponsors were Patrick Hagan and Mary Kane.
    John "Kane" on 3/5/1858 to William "Kane" and Bridget O'Neill. Sponsors were John Kane and Mary Downey.

Old records often have different spellings used for the same family surnames. Plus they can be very difficult to read.

Answer.

Nicolaas

Thank you for your help.

Do you know where I could obtain a photocopy of the marriage registration of William Kean and Bridget O'Neill?

Nicolaas

Answer

Civil Registration of Catholic Marriages didn't begin until 1864 so the church records are the only ones for that time. Church records have no addresses or parent's names or ages at that time either.

Answer

Nicolaas

I understand that the church record is the only registration available. However, I meant to ask: how could I obtain a photocopy of that church record?

Nicolaas

Knowledgeable and helpful

The Clonallon registers have been copied. One set is in PRONI in Belfast and another in the National Library, Dublin. If you are able to visit, or get someone to visit, you should be able to get a copy at no cost. Alternatively you can ask PRONI to provide you with a copy, but there would be a fee. I do not know the arrangements at the National Library, but suspect they may be similar.

https://www.proni.gov.uk/index/resear...nd_indexes.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12