Thread: Here I am

valspall

Smile Here I am

Hello to all!

I thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce myself before I start posting questions. I have been shaking my family tree on and off for quite a few years now (probably about 12 years) but still consider myself a "newbie" as every time I sit down to do some research I am struck by how much I still don't know! I think that like most people here it is this challenge to discover that keeps us all digging.

My husband & I moved up here to Kuranda in far north Queensland almost two years ago now for a "tree-change" and the relaxed pace of live here is definitely to my liking! I have very recently been made redundant so am really enjoying being "between jobs" as it is allowing me to sit at my computer at dig around all day if I choose! Such a luxury.

My areas of interest are Mansell from Shropshire, Gale from Kent, and Hamilton, Small & Mackenzie from Scotland.

I look forward to enlightenment from you all & hope that I can help others find the missing leaves on their trees!

Val

strawberrymivvy

Welcome Val

I'm very jealous of your being able to sit at the computer all day - a 3 year old puts pay to that for me!

We're a friendly bunch on here, and I've had a few of my own personal brickwalls knocked down by some amazing support and doggedness from fellow members.

I hope we can be of use to you too!

valspall

Don't be jealous! A lively three year old may wear you out but is far more rewarding any day than sore eyes, tired fingers & frustration!

LittleSpark

Hi Val and welcome to BG.
    You'll find everyone here very helpful - we have experts in various fields as you will soon find out from reading 'posts' put on the boards.
    Let's hope our demolition experts can help you with any brickwalls you may have, they've certainly helped me out several times.
    Good luck with your research.

Sheila

strawberrymivvy

Quote Originally Posted by valspall View Post
    Don't be jealous! A lively three year old may wear you out but is far more rewarding any day than sore eyes, tired fingers & frustration!
    I suppose so....