charlieellis

Default Hello from Cambridge

Hello Everyone! I'm here cos I hit a brick wall in Cornwall and need help (selfish I know!). It seems to be a good researcher you need to get out there and be hands on, rather than do what I do which is rely on the computer! Trying to trace my wife's ancestors in Cornwall has been really tricky and I think I need some advice as I can't get to Cornwall very often. So thanks in advance! But maybe I can help if anyone needs any local research done around Cambridge? Bye for now!

Coromandel

Hello charlieellis and welcome to the forum!

Brickwall demolition is our speciality, so you've come to the right place! Have a look around and, when you're ready, do post your queries in whichever bit of the forum seems most appropriate (perhaps the Cornwall sub-forum: click on the 'Forum' link at the top of the page to find the full listing of forums within Brit-Gen).

glynisaddy

hello charlieellis
    a warm welcome to the brit-gen forum
    glynis

Jeuel

Hi Charlieellis

I have a great-grandmother Emma Moore, who was born in Cambridge (in Barnwell) and another great-grandmother, Emma Broad, who was born in Cornwall.

There are lots of Cornish parish register images online at the familysearch pilot site, which is a great resource, though its not indexed so you do have to wade through a lot of images.