geoffpowers

Default Edward Wallis, of Elmley Castle, b.c1570

Does anyone have any information about Edward Wallis of Elmley Castle, Worcs, and his descendants? Edward would have been born around 1570. The births of four of Edward's sons in Elmley Castle are recorded on IGI, as follows:

William (b.1611)
    Thomas (b.1615)
    Ralf (sic!) (b.1617)
    Richard (1624)

It seems fairly cerain that other children were born to Edward and his wife.

I am hopeful that these individuals will offer a link to my Wallis family, who resided in Weston Subedge {Gloucs.), Broadway and surrounding villages from 1700 onwards. In particular I am looking for a Benjamin Wallis, born probably about 1675.
    Last edited by geoffpowers; 09-06-2011 at 7:18 PM. Reason: omission

Jan1954

Hello Geoff,

Have you visited the Elmley Castle community website at elmleycastle.com/ ? If not, it may be worth a peek and also an email to their historian to see what records they have access to.

geoffpowers

Hi, Jan!

Thanks for this 'nugget'! The old grey matter is not quite so agile as a few years ago. Autumn Leaves Syndrome, probably.

Will follow up and post anything I discover.

Geoff

janbooth

Doing a Google Book search on the name WALLIS of Elmley Castle brings up a snippet of an Apprenticeship record in "a calendar of the registers of apprentices of the city of Gloucester 1595-1700" 24 Jun WALLIS, John son of Ralph, Yeoman, Elmley Castle - could he be one of your lot?

Janet

geoffpowers

Janet

Thnks for this! Certainly very worth folowing up, but he appears to be going in the wrong direction, since I'm looking for a geographical link to the Broadway, Chipping Campden. But then, who knows, what with the civil disturbances of the Civil War and Commonwealth period? Another item chalked up for when I eventually get to visit Gloucs. Record Office.

Geoff