sueheynders

Default Re: Charles Herbert Denison

Hi all,

My name is Susan Heynders and I am from Melbourne Australia, I am trying to find some information regarding my late father Charles Herbert Denison from Wolves lane, Palmers Green, London.
    Dad was a fire fighter during the blitz somewhere in London, and I am trying to find out a little more about my dad, as dad never spoke about it. In the 1950's dad migrated to Melbourne Australia.
    If you know where in London, or which firestation he served, or if you personally knew him. All info is welcome and appreciated.

Best Regards
    Sue

Mutley

Hello Sue and welcome to the forum and thank you for introducing yourself in this section.
    I suggest you sit back with a cuppa and have a look around the forum boards, there are many.

You could try asking your question in the London section, we have many knowledgeable members there. You would need to give us his birth year and it would be useful to know if you have him in the 1911 census.

Good luck and we shall look forward to trying to help you.

sueheynders

Default Carpenter family tree

Hello all ,
    Thank you all for the welcome. As well as trying to find out where my father Charles Herbert Denison ,dob 11 May 1922, fought fires in London in ww2 I also found some amazing information on my mothers side of the family. I have managed to trace the Carpenter family back to 1574 and it looks to me that they all lived around Tiverton area. If any one can help me as I intend to go to Tiverton but unsure of how I go about finding more information, Will the Church of England still have thier parish records from way back then and do I have to make appointment? Hope you can help as we are coming over in July
    Regards
    Sue

Peter Minter

Hello Sue,

A Warm welcome to the forum.I am sure you will receive some very helpful/useful information regarding your fathers work in the War.
    In the meantime,hope you enjoy the site & make some new friends!

deeree

Hello Sue,

Welcome to the forum from another Melbournian. This is a great place to be and I'm sure that once you post your queries on the relevant boards, you'll have lots of friendly and knowledgeable members wanting to help.