Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Hayward's

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    Well his birth registration is there in June qtr 1859 at Wheatenhurst reg district, he is on the 1861 census and then there is this death registration in March 1923 at Wheatenhurst reg district, aged 64 of a Charles E HAYWARD which sounds a distinct possibility, but where is he in the meantime??

Just looked at the 1871 census record for William & Mary. Do you think Charles Edward has become the Edward C born c1860 who is with William & Mary in the 1871 census as there is no son Edward with them in the 1861? Edward HAYWARD is still living with widowed mother Mary in the 1911 census of Arlingham.

Janet
    That's what I think; I think Charles went by Edward (Probably because there are so many Charles' in the family). It happens in my family all the time!

Thanks!

Looking for help and any bit always helps...thanks.

This is what I know;

• John Hayward born 1689 – 1734 married an Elizabeth ? they had;
    • Samuel born 1721 – 1797 married a Mary Parry born 1734 – they had the following children
    • John born 1761 – 185 married Elizabeth Rowles 1760, than a Sarah “Hall” (not sure if maiden name or married name as they were both widowers at time of marriage)
    • Sarah born 1758 – 1831
    • Mary born 1757
    • Samuel born 1765 – 1849 married a Sarah Taysum 1766 – 1845
    1. Trying to determine if John 1689 and Elizabeth had any other children (some sites say a Joseph 1726, John 1719, William 1731, Anne 1734…not sure though)

2. John 1689 married Elizabeth around 1718, what is Elizabeth’s last name
    3. John 1689 father is supposedly John, who is his mother?

Thanks ever so much, Allison

Looking for

Thomas Edward Hayward, born 1897 in East Dean

Parents: Edward Walter Hayward, 1871-1936 & Sarah A (might be HARDING) 1868-1942

Have Hints popping up that he died in 1984 & was married to an Ester, but can verify.

Edward Walter Hayward's mother was Ellen Hayward, 1839-1912 (no father listed on birth certificate, just single mother)

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

I have removed the info because I was looking in Sussex Eastdean but yours are in Gloucestershire.
    I will start again
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Thank you so much!

So I have them in the 1901 and 1911 censuses and Thomas is their only child born to the marriage. Young Thomas' birth is on FreeBMD but the GRO doesn't have it so not able to verify the mmn. And as they have no other children can't use that to verify mmn.
    The birth certificate for Thomas would solve that problem.

No marriage on FreeBMD for a Hayward/Harding 1892-1900 and none for a Sarah Harding to an Edward Hayward from 1900 onwards.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

There is a Thomas E Hayward birth date 1 June 1897 on the 1939 register Occupation Proviously Colliery haulier Now Newsagent. He is with Esther Hayward birth date 29 May 1900. They are at 8 Forest Rd East Dean and at no 5 is a Sarah A Hayward birth date 28 Feb 1868. Widow. With her is a Eric Hayward birth date 26 July 1928 at school.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Young Thomas' birth is on FreeBMD but the GRO doesn't have it so not able to verify the mmn. And as they have no other children can't use that to verify mmn.
    He is there, Christina, under reg. dist. Westbury on Severn, J Qtr Vol 6A Page 242, mother's maiden name Harding.

Peter

Thomas E Hayward married Esther Lane March 1/4 1925 reg dist Westbury S vol 6a page 373

I looked for a birth of an Eric Hayward mmn Lane but coudn't find one but of course if she was married previously she would have been registered at her second marriage under her married name but the birth of any children to the second marriage would be under her maiden name.

September 1/4 1928 Eric Hayward mmn Hinkley reg dist St martin (London) This would fit with his birth date on the 1939 register but the mmn is wrong and the birth place different to their usual residences.

Just saw your last post, thanks, will see what I have been doing wrong.

Christina
    William Burroughs

Death reg
    Esther Hayward age 87 birth date 29 May 1900, Registration Date June 1987 Registration district Gloucester, Gloucestershire.

Death reg Thomas Edward Hayward age 87 Birth Date 1 June 1897, Registration Date November 1984, Registration district - Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire

Esther's maiden name is Lane. She is on the censuses with her parents Thomas and Rachel. Esther was born Cinderford. Both her parents were born herefordshire.

Christina
    William Burroughs

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast