Trying to find the following - maybe in Kings Norton or Aston:
    George (Neale?) Taylor age/POB unknown Manufacturer
    wife not known
    Annie Maria Taylor daughter born Kings Norton/Aston 1861
    Phillip Taylor son born Birmingham 1857

This is all I know! so any help to fill in the gaps would be appreciated
    Regards
    Mary
    Last edited by Minnow; 15-03-2005 at 7:07 PM.

Debo

I am also looking for george taylor, father of harriet born1858. saint martin of birmingham.Harriet married charles adams on 20th may 1877 st andrews bordesley,warwick.and had my ggrandma lillian adams who married a cole.I only found out about george taylor yesterday but cant find him on the 1871 cen.On familysearch it shows harriets christening 8th feb 1858 with parents george and ann taylor.Are they related?deb

Do you have an occupation for George ?
    There is a Harriet Taylor bC1859 Birmingham in 1861 - daughter of George & Harriet at RG9/2130 f55 p1
    George is a journeyman shoemaker and he is born in Shropshire.
    I think this may be your Harriet's family as the George Taylor with Harriet Adams in 1891 is the son of George & Harriet also.

Census care of TNA

In 1871 George & Harriet are at RG 10/3138 f55 p12 Harriet jnr is not with them

Census care of TNA

Minnow

Thanks for your info, I have such little time for research these days with my little boy around, that i'm not sure of any connection. I will try to find time in the coming weeks and let you know.

Regards
    Mary

exiled brummie

Don't know if this Harriett is relevant, but she was the daughter of George Taylor and Ann, and was baptised 8 February 1858 at St Martin's Church Birmingham. George's occupation is given as hair dresser, but his abode is completely illegible.
    Last edited by exiled brummie; 03-05-2011 at 1:05 PM. Reason: Typo corrected

Debo

i know how you feel, it is hard to fit in research and work. not to mention family.and friends. and housework.

Debo

maybe she was working away from home until she was married in 1877 to charles adams?will look into it thanks.

Debo

i have george born 1833 shropshire in 1881 census family search as a boot and shoe maker living in aston and a journeyman shoemaker in 1861 census in ladywood.will have to look into it more.thanks