Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    janbooth

Gary,

Notts FHS Baptismal Index shows the baptism of a Henry ROBINSON at Hucknall Torkard on 19 July 1880 son of James & Rebecca ROBINSON, Miner, although the 1891 census shows Henry as being aged 19, so therefore born c1872, living with parents James & Rebecca & siblings and Rebecca's father a widower aged 76 and born at Hucknall Torkard at 42 Portland Road.

Going back a generation:

22 October 1848 at Hucknall Torkard Rebecca MILLS daughter of William & Mary MILLS, FWK, baptised

Notts FHS Marriage Index shows a marriage on 3 October 1836 at Hucknall Torkard of a William MILLS and Mary GOODALL which sounds a likely candidate for the marriage of Rebecca's parents.

The 1851 census of the hamlet of Watnall Cantelope in the parish of Greasley (HO107/2125, folio , page 15) shows a James ROBINSON aged 4, born Greasley, living with parents George & Mary ROBINSON and brother Henry, George being shown as a 33 year old Labourer born Greasley and Mary aged 28 born Eastwood.

I can't find an appropriate baptism for James ROBINSON on the Baptismal Index but there are 2 baptisms shown for a Henry, one in 1843 and one in 1849 plus all the other children shown in subsequent census records. Interestingly, the only appropriate marriage I can find for a George ROBINSON is one at Greasley on 15 September 1846 to a Mary GIBBINS which would make their marriage after the baptism of their first child in 1843!

HTH anyway to enable you to progress further back.

Janet

garyboy

Thats good searching Janet. It all seems to fit in nicely, on the marriage after the baptism could this have been a mistake and ment to be 1848...making a 3 insted of a 8...just a thought.

Now here is one you might beable to help.
    I have a burial record of a grave in Northern Cemetry Bullwall and confirmed by Notts Burial Dept, last month. As you can see there are 5 in the grave, with three of them having different surnames here are the details.

William Henry Easom....my Great Granfather 1932 age 72 years
    George Robinson.........my uncle 1934...age 6 years ( knocked down by a Doctor on way to school )
    Maurice Sanders ....17 months.......1935....I belive this to be one of my great Aunts ( Ellen Easom ) daughters child
    Hannan Bella Keen....80 years ...... 1947...this is mistery, and one you made be able to help on....Could it have bee my Great Grans sister...??
    Elizabeth Ann Easom ...90years .....1951....My Great Granmother.

This info might all so help others following the Easom line

THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED HELP
    GARY ROBINSON.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12