Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    busyglen

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Etchells
    Do you mean the title as shown in the title bar of a browser?
    If so open the page in Frontpage - select save as - select the change title icon just above the right hand end of the name bar.
    Change to required title.
    Cheers
    Guy
    Regarding the title that I wanted to change from 1.htm to miscellaneous (the other problem was just deleting one of the two tags) I've now messed this up. I should have waited for your reply!!

I did what I thought was correct to rename the file, and Ladkyis also came up with the same suggestion, so I `went with it'. Unfortunately, when I went to look at the page after saving it, all I got was a `Notepad' page of the html, no text page.

I haven't previously used the Notepad, so am completely thrown. Also I said yes to renaming the 6 links to that page! Still, nothing is really lost as I haven't up-loaded anything yet, so my original pages are still the same.

I think what I will do (something I've been wanting to do for ages) is to set up a new page for the Miscellaneous in a different design, I can set the title correctly this time. Then all I have to do is re-do the links again to the six other pages....delete the old file and up-load the new Miscellaneous page.
    Does this seem about right?

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions, I really appreciate it.

Glenys

christopher_n_lewis

Default A suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by busyglen
    I should really have had some lessons, but thought I could get by without.....just shows how wrong I was.!

Glenys
    No need for lessons, just buy/borrow a copy of the book "FrontPage for Busy People". Easy to read, lots of useful colour pictures, and a fairly detailed index. It even fits nicely with your forum name!

Christopher

busyglen

Good idea Christopher....especially as it has pictures! Perhaps I will be able to understand them better than the written word <g>.

Glenys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12