kelby

Question William Frederick Robertson-Atherton.

Hi, I am new to this forum. hope someone can help me with my research. Have been searching for some time now(a few years to be exact) and have hit a lot of brick walls. My mother Eileen Marie Terese Atherton was born in Durban South Africa on 27th November, 1922. Her mother was Alma Jean Fitzpatrick Howard born in Tasmania and her father was William Frederick Robertson-Atherton. I have found the record of their marriage in Nairobi in the Province of Nkamba on the 3rd May, 1920, William was 28years old at the time and his marriage and his occupation was listed as planter and his father was listed as a Master Mariner. Alma Jeane Fitzpatrick Howard was 23 years old and her father was listed as Sir William Fitzpatrick Howick. they were both witnesses on the marriage certificate.
    I think Alma was born in Tasmania as on her 2nd marriage certificate it mentions her place of birth as Tasmania. her divorce from William went through unopposed in 1925 as they were unable to find him.
    My mother was not told anything about her father, and she often felt sad that she didnt know her real father. She has passed away now, and I am hoping to find the records of her father in her memory. I believe from talking to family members in the past that he was born in England.
    Is there anyone who can maybe help me or put me onto someplace where i can search. going by the above dates, William must of been born in around +-1892.
    looking forward to some help, thank you.

Procat

Hi Kelby,

As the Introduce Yourself section of the forum is not for queries I have copied your post here in the Brickwalls section.

Welcome to Brit-Gen by the way.

kelby

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    Hi Kelby,

As the Introduce Yourself section of the forum is not for queries I have copied your post here in the Brickwalls section.

Welcome to Brit-Gen by the way.
    thank you for doing that for me, sorry if i caused a problem.

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by kelby View Post
    thank you for doing that for me, sorry if i caused a problem.
    No problem at all. It is what the Mods are here for.