Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

Schools too, tjacks Father woud have gone to school somewhere! Guardians names would have been listed would they not?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

malcolm99

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    but at least we know now that Joseph was a market gardener & if his own garden may be in Directories.
    I've just checked the 1941 Directory again and there are a load of Market Gardeners but not a Jackson among them unfortunately.

I get the feeling that the Jacksons were reasonably well off living in Davies Road and then a new house in Burleigh Road - not that the thought gets me very far!

malcolm99

Schools too, tjacks Father would have gone to school somewhere! Guardians names would have been listed would they not?
    It depends how old he was as to where he went. I haven't found any lists of contemporary West Bridgford schools yet (there may be only one - St Giles School, Rectory Road) but the archives for local schools are described here: https://tinyurl.com/6e6r6pw

Name well known on Brit-Gen

One more before I fade into the morning,..just found a death & Probate for a Joseph Jackson in 1940. Only mention because the birth date is 1879 as is seemingly your Josephs. Problem, wifes name s Mary

He died 8 Feb. Notts : Joseph Jackson of 44 DERBY GROVE.Age 61 Probate to Mary Jackson widow effects 2241 pound 19 shillings & 9d. That's the other phone book chap.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

malcolm99

... wifes name s Mary. He died 8 Feb. Notts : Joseph Jackson of 44 DERBY GROVE.Age 61 Probate to Mary Jackson widow effects 2241 pound 19 shillings & 9d. That's the other phone book chap.
    So in Kelly’s 1941 Directory there is a Mrs Mary Jackson at 44 Derby Grove (I hadn’t mentioned her before because the initials were irrelevant to previous posts and I thought we’d all get confused with too many Nottingham Jacksons).

There are no Jacksons in Derby Grove in the 1925 Directory.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123