Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Denise Avril

this is getting more confusing as the night goes on..

Denise Avril

I would like to thank everyone for their help... especially Jellylegs, who like me stays up too late on this computer.

I found the records really interesting, its great to know some of the 'information' I have been told is true.
    I am going to go on line tomorrow and try to print these so I can show the aunts..

I have looked on the site Jellylegs gave me and found the record of the childrens birth and that Mary Baker was probebly Mary Kate (Baker) Swanton, so both of you were right.. maybe a trip to Ireland is in order.. as long as hubby dosen't find out about the Ancestory..ha..ha..

I am going to give up for tonight but will check in tomorrow and this time I am sure I can find some more ...

thanks again.. Denise x

Name well known on Brit-Gen

HI Denise, I do think MAry Kate is probably correct as the other three children Inc. Thomas all have Parish extraction nos. for parents Isaac & Mary:These are from IGI & repeated in pilot searh where I first found Thomas' christening record.

C011880 MAry b.07 JUN 1867 , Cork, Ireland Union Hall..Cork
    C320753 Thomas b.08 JAN 1872 , Cork, Ireland Skibbereen
    C700831 William ch.C700831 Mallow, Cork......................All on Family search Directions are from Pilot search.

Don't be worried about the Ancetry trial, just remembeer to quit it before it runs out if you can't afford to stay.

Just knew you were going to be fun!
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Denise Avril

Good morning Australia, but suppose it isn't morning where you are now, thanks for your post, think the word you are looking for is obsessive.. lol...
    I have cousins in Australia, Victoria..?.. Geography not my strong point...moved there in 1990 ish...or do you say emigrated..

Sorry I missed your post but hubby came down complaining about it being daylight and have to keep him sweet so he doesn't notice the Ancestry trial...
    But after all the great leads everyone found I could not wait till I could get to kew...what a rush, anybody would think I had won the lottery...

I read through the Military records, never realised they would be so interesting, do you think I should send to the army(?) for his service record or would just get the same..?..

I found the children.. Thomas...1872, Richard... 1873, Henry..1876, kate...1879, and the marriage of Issac and Mary..
    but no Mary or William... I am babysitting tonight so hopefully I can put them in front of a dvd, with a big bag of popcorn, while I search for them.... where do I send for birth and marriage certificates? may be able to persuade aunts to pay for them..

I would love a trip to Ireland but hubby may take some persuading.. would be so exciting to see where they actually lived...
    spoke to one of the aunts yesterday... how is it people only remember things when you tell them... and she has no recollection of Issac or Mary but thinks Thomas died in poplar in late 1950's and his wife and son died in poplar, within days of each other in the early 1950's and were buried in poplar somewhere, aunts say a paupers grave that was built over but they think they remember a wall with names on and a small church nearby(?). so plan for today is to get hubby to drive me up and down the A13 ...

Here I go again waffling on, the house is going to rack and ruin around me, must do some housework..
    Thanks again for all your help, maybe chat later for me or early for you, must look up time difference...

Denise x

I was snoozing when your post came in Denise. Here's an address for online certificate ordering:..

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Australia was about 9 hrs ahead of Britain, bur now seems to be 10+1/2 (daylight saving?) If you want to know where the sun is shining when not on you :...........

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

I'm not familiar with the many & varied London hamlets etc. Always need to get up a map when searching to see proximities, but we do have resident Londoners on site.

Lots of ideas here:..
    HTTP://WWW.CORPOFLONDON.GOV.UK/ARCHIVES/LMA/INDEX.HTM

The burial area you mention sounds a lot like Postmans Park :

https://www.
    thejoyofshards.co.uk/london/tiles/ppark/index.shtml ....but possibly other cemeteries are also remembered so.

Army records, I've never sent for any as they seem to have been burned in wartime (the ones I want) but you've probably seen all or most on Ancestry.

Just think of the fun waiting when you post for your next Famiy. :-) chuckle..
    Last edited by Waitabit; 05-03-2011 at 9:06 PM. Reason: typo
    Happy Families
    Wendy

Denise Avril

Hi again, only just managed to get on here, never babysit for great-nieces who just want to know everything...
    Add to that a daughter who decides to home from uni for the weekend and I don't get anything done

nine hours ahead... so must be nearly lunchtime where you are..
    Been a pretty uneventful day.. research wise.. hubby had other ideas on how he wanted to spend his saturday,
    so couldn't go look at cementries... and the ink run out on the printer (again).. x ..

Read your post and the Postman's Park sounds good, have to dig out the bus pass and leave hubby behind.

The aunts maybe visiting next week, weather permitting, so will order certificates online (thanks for the link) and
    see if I can persuade them to contribute..x..

I have to sign off now, because daughter is sleeping in room where computer is.. will let you know how I get on..

If there is anywhere I can go and look to help you let me know... I am about hour out of london, on the tube,
    in the south-east...classed as London borough..

Denise x

Read your post and the Postman's Park sounds good,
    Please note, this particular park was devoted to people who had been noted for some act of bravery & not a general cemetery memorial as far as I understand.

Fear not our intrepid Londoners will probably save the day with some ideas.
    Happy Families
    Wendy

catheybee

Default Relations!

Hi there
    I googled my great grandmother, Charlotte Louise Yexley and found your thread! I suppose we must be related. Nobody in my immediate family knew Charlotte's husband's name, but we did understand he was a haulage contractor in the east end and had bowel cancer and a colostomy. He died in 1944 I believe.
    Charlotte and Walter had 10 children: James, Louise, Arthur, Rebecca, Lil, Emily (d1970), Rose (1914-2002?), Walter Thomas (1916-1992), Herbert (1918-1970). There was another daughter who died in a fire.
    Walter Thomas was my grandfather, and I suppose that your grandmother was Rebecca (Florence Rebecca).
    You must know Aunt Rose who died not so long ago, I cant remember the year. She was the only sibling of my grandad that I met, I think.
    You have done very well tracing the Heards back a further 2 generations...
    Nice to 'meet' you!!
    Catherine

catheybee

Oh, yes, and my grandfather was a Grenadier Guard in 1934!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123