elainec

Default crowe, clare (dromore, ruan, ballyteigue)

hi
    am looking for any info on crowes, from ruan, clare.
    i have the census records and some family history already butwould love to find out more if poss.
    the farthest back person that i have is tadhg (timothy) crowe who married a callanan girl whose family were coachmen. tadhg was from dromore, had 1 son thos who married mary carkyll. i'm trying to find out if this was the same thos crowe who owned over 6000 acres of land in the 1870's

locallad27

Crowe Wiliam; b. 1800 Appin Clare (father; William)
    Spouse; Eleanor; 1804 Appin Clare
    Married; 1819 Liverpool
    -------------
    Crowe William; 1728 Clare
    Spouse; Emilia Evans; 1732 Clare
    ----------------
    Jack

clarec

Default Thomas Crowes of Dromore

Quote Originally Posted by elainec View Post
    hi
    am looking for any info on crowes, from ruan, clare.
    i have the census records and some family history already butwould love to find out more if poss.
    the farthest back person that i have is tadhg (timothy) crowe who married a callanan girl whose family were coachmen. tadhg was from dromore, had 1 son thos who married mary carkyll. i'm trying to find out if this was the same thos crowe who owned over 6000 acres of land in the 1870's
    Hi, I don't think Thadhg and Mary's son Thomas Crowe was the owner of the 6000 acre Dromore estate. In the 17th century and earlier, the land was owned by the O'Briens (Earls of Thomond). In 1814 Jonas Studdert was living there. Earlier, in 1795 he had married Mary Crowe of Ennis. Mary's nephew, Thomas Crowe (1803-1877), moved into Dromore House on his marriage to Isabella Hume in 1838 and probably developed it into a grander place.

I have come across a Thady (Tadhg) Crowe who got a 99 year lease in 1707 over 300 acres in Turkenagh, Kilkeedy from the O'Brien family. Interestingly, land at Turkenagh is mentioned in the will of my ancestor James Crowe (1712-1774) of Nutfield and Dublin. There must be some connections between Thady, James and Thomas.

I would be interested to know about the Crowe family history you have. I have a lot of research information I'd be happy to share.

Regards, Phil Crowe