sueannbowen

Default Is there anyone going to the Nottingham ...

.......Archive who would be prepared to look up 2 baptisms for me? Both in the same parish and I have the dates.

many thanks in advance.

Free Spirit

I will be going to Nottingham mid April if you can wait that long.

What parish?

sueannbowen

Good heavens - from down under. now that is an offer! I might be able to get there myself before that but I am very grateful for your kind offer. Maybe I could hold you in reserve Free Spirit - if that is not too cheeky.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Just as another option (and in case you're not aware of it), their reprographics service can supply printouts from microfiche at reasonable cost.

www.
    nottinghamshire.gov.uk/home/leisure/archives/archivesreprographicsservces/archivescopiesfrommicrofiche.htm

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    Just as another option (and in case you're not aware of it), their reprographics service can supply printouts from microfiche at reasonable cost.

www.
    nottinghamshire.gov.uk/home/leisure/archives/archivesreprographicsservces/archivescopiesfrommicrofiche.htm
    That might be answer then Kerrywood. I have used the research service before but they used the NFHS CDs I bought from here! NOt much good to me as the parish I want has not been transcribed. This seems to be a good suggestion.

Free Spirit

I'm actually here in England now, presently in Kent but going back to Nott'm (my home town) mid April. Please, do hold me in reserve, it's not too cheeky at all.

sueannbowen

Bless you - how kind. If you ever need anything in Wiltshire or Sussex let me know - I go to those places a couple of times a year. Oh and Essex. Naturally living in Kent none of mine come from here!

sheilastain

If you state which parishes you are interested in, you may get more response, as parish records are also available in Nottinghamshire local libraries and also at the central library in Nottingham as well as Archives. Therefore more possibilities. I am not planning to go into Nottingham in the near future but if the particular records are available in my local library would be prepared to look them up for you.
    Sheila

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by Free Spirit View Post
    I'm actually here in England now, presently in Kent but going back to Nott'm (my home town) mid April. Please, do hold me in reserve, it's not too cheeky at all.
    Hi - have not progressed this at all so if you are going (only if) then I would be grateful if you could look up the following baptism for me:

William Simpson, son of George Simpson and Ann. Baptised 10.01.1818 in West Markham, Nottinghamshire. George and Ann also had a daughter Hannah who was baptised on 29.04.1820. I am very keen to know what occupation was given for George as it might tie him to 'my' William. I have little else to go on!

Many thanks for your kind offer to help with this.