Colin Rowledge

Default Sending a message to a member via email

When a message is sent via the forum as a email to a member, where is it stored in order that it can be retrieved and added, prior to the member responding?

Hope this request makes sense.

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Peep View Post
    If you send a private message, then a copy of that is forwarded to their email address.
    I don't think it worked somehow. It wasn't sent as a private message per se, which would show in my private messages 'sent' box, but as an email to the member so that it wouldn't 'overload' our mail-boxes. Now I want to add more to that email but can't retrieve the original. Is it lost forever?

Knowledgeable and helpful

If you sent an email, rather than a message via this site, it should show up in the "sent items" folder of your email program

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by Squaredancer View Post
    If you sent an email, rather than a message via this site, it should show up in the "sent items" folder of your email program
    I tried that earlier and because it was sent directly from the forum (by clicking on the profile of the forum member and selecting send email) rather than from your own email program it does not appear in the program sent folder.

Reputation beyond repute

Once an email is sent, whether from your own email client or from VBulletin, it's gone and you can't change it. Anything more you want to add would have to be in a separate message.

Richard1955

Sounds like may have another email program on your computer such as Outlook that you don't normally use for emails
    and the email is sat in the outbox ready to go but can't because it isn't your default email program.

v.wells

Whenever sending an email via an outside program I always send a copy to myself. That way I know when, where and what I said in it.

Colin Rowledge

The party to whom I sent it, replied to my regular email address, sent a copy of my original message, so, 'all's well that ends well'.

If I can remember to do what Vanessa suggested then this problem won't occur again

Colin