Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Tinker

It would be useful to find out which Ann this was, and I'd love to know what happened to Thomas's younger brothers Nicholas and Richard. A Nicholas, Eliza and Richard Dunstan arrived on the 'Cressy' at the same time as Ben and Jane, though listed as a separate group, but there's no way to prove whether these are Thomas's siblings - at least, not from the UK end, anyway! The other siblings have all been accounted for.

Hi there,
    yes quite right, the Ann Dunstan was an informant not a witness- I have been back and checked the document.
    There were a lot of Dunstan's listed as in and around Clunes on a site that listed family names around the time of this birth. There was an Eliza Jane (nee Bolitho) and William Dunstan born in and married in Wendron in 1876. They went to New Zealand and then to Australia - but this was later. It does mention on this page that they joined other Dunstans. (this appears on a Dunstan Family page onn the net). Creswick and Clunes are close to each other and so there may be a connection of some sort as a few of Thomas's children were born in Creswick.

Ann Dunstan married Isaac Gorman in Ballarat, Victoria 1873

Ann Gorman dau of Thomas Dunstan & Grace Caddy 1939, Tooray, Victoria aged 83

I meant Ann Gorman died in 1939

Tinker

Thanks for that info, Kath. I think 2468 is descended from her. I will have to have a look and see if the William Dunstan mentioned is related to Thomas and co - a descendant of Benjamin junior perhaps, or maybe a cousin? It seems a fair few Dunstans ended up in the Southern hemisphere from what 2468 has said!

aussie41353

Default Thomas Dunstan

I am one of those who has a public tree on Ancestry and I am one, who I hope, can be relied upon when I advise the following Thomas Dunstan born Liskeard District, Cornwall, married Grace Caddy Jan Quarter 1854, this I have been able to confirm with the following children being born in Victoria, Australia with this couple being recorded as being their parents:-

Benjamin Dunstan born Creswick, Victoria 1854
    Ann Dunstan born Ballarat East, Victoria 1856
    Mary Dunstan born Creswick, Victoria 1857

Grace Caddy born 1824 Wendron, Cornwall, The daughter of Thomas Caddy and Mary Combellack.died 9 Aug 1886 in Walhalla, Victoria, Australia

Thomas died 1889 also in Walhalla.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345