mfwebb

Default Charles Webb abt 1800 Wellingborough NTH

I have a Charles Webb living in Houghton Conquest, Bedfordshire with wife Martha in 1837; 1841; and 1851 then in 1861 and 1871 with second wife Mary. From 1851 his place of birth is given in all census returns as Wellingborough Northants and his date of birth averages to abt 1800 +/- a couple of years.

Does anyone have easy access to a copy of the Wellingborough Baptism records who could look up the baptism of this Charles Webb and identify his parents for me?

I have no evidence to suggest he is related to me, but I have had a brickwall for 10 years with my 4 x great grandfather William Webb born about 1749, I know not where. If this Charles Webb turns out to be a son of MY William and Alice it would give me a clue as to where to look for William Webb's birth as I have exhausted all possibilities in Bedfordshire. All the other Webb's in Houghton Conquest census returns are related to me but I have no proof that this Charles is.

Eternally grateful for any help.

Brick wall demolition expert!

On FreeREG there is this baptism ...

County Northamptonshire
    Place Wellingborough
    Church All Hallows
    BaptismDate 21 Feb 1800
    Forename Charles
    Sex M
    FatherForename Willm
    MotherForename Alice
    FatherSurname WEBB

Brick wall demolition expert!

Perhaps you have these already but ...

Possible marriages for Charles Webb on family search pilot

1st Marriage?

Groom's Name: Charles Webb
    Bride's Name: Martha Woodland
    Bride's Birth Date: 1802
    Bride's Age: 19
    Marriage Date: 12 Oct 1821
    Marriage Place: Houghton Conquest, Bedford, England

2nd Marriage?

Groom's Name: Charles Webb
    Groom's Birth Date: 1801
    Groom's Age: 52
    Bride's Name: Mary Caves
    Bride's Birth Date: 1802
    Bride's Age: 51
    Marriage Date: 16 May 1853
    Marriage Place: Houghton Conquest, Bedford, England
    Groom's Father's Name: William Webb
    Bride's Father's Name: Richard Caves

Quote Originally Posted by mfwebb View Post
    I have no evidence to suggest he is related to me, but I have had a brickwall for 10 years with my 4 x great grandfather William Webb born about 1749, I know not where. If this Charles Webb turns out to be a son of MY William and Alice it would give me a clue as to where to look for William Webb's birth as I have exhausted all possibilities in Bedfordshire.
    This part confuses me - if Charles Webb was born abt 1800 and your William Webb was born abt 1749 - how are they both related to William and Alice?

mfwebb

Quote Originally Posted by olliecat View Post
    Perhaps you have these already but ...

This part confuses me - if Charles Webb was born abt 1800 and your William Webb was born abt 1749 - how are they both related to William and Alice?
    Yes I have both marriages.

As for the last question, I obviously caused confusion with my post. William Webb (born abt 1749) and Alice Brightman (born 16/11/1766) were my 4 x great grandparents. This was William's second marriage -- they married in 1797 in Ampthill. Thanks to your look-up, telling me that Charles Webb baptised 1800 in Wellingborough was the son of a William and Alice Webb, there is now the strong possibility that this Charles Webb is the 5th child of William and Alice -- the others were George; Ann; Jeremiah (3 x ggf) and Alice.

I can't tell you how excited I am. After 10 years of a brick wall I may have a lead as to the birthplace of my William Webb and possibly his parents.

What I now have is only coincidence but you have given me the confidence to half claim this Charles Webb from Wellingborough as a 4 x great uncle pending further research in the Wellingborough Parish Records.

Many thanks for your quick response.