Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by alliejaye
    no i havent tried finding them in the 1841 coz i don't know where to go lol.
    The above appears to suggest that you aren't aware of how you can search and check the census returns for England and Wales from the comfort of your home.

Census returns from 1841-1901 are available on many pay-per-view sites which turn up easily enough using a search engine, try looking for 'findmypast', 'TheGenealogist', '1901census online', 'ancestry'.

At the moment the 1911 census is only available on 'findmypast'

Don't subscribe to any of these sites straight away, take time to check out the costs and their usefulness first.

Census returns are also being transcribed and made available via 'freecen' which also turns up with a search engine.

Facsimile copies of original census enumerators' books are also available for purchase on CD from sites such as 'The Parish Chest'
    My apologies if I have misread the intent of the above quote.

alliejaye

thanks Geoffers I wasnt sure if there was a 'free' site out there as I am well aware of what some of the sites charge to be a member!!
    cheers!!

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by alliejaye
    thanks Geoffers I wasnt sure if there was a 'free' site out there as I am well aware of what some of the sites charge to be a member!!
    Subscribing in haste can lead to repentence at leisure; but using free searches of indexes and then paying to purchase a few 'units' to view a couple of records can spread the cost reasonably and be an effective way of viewing some records; especially in conjunction with the free sites 'freebmd'. 'freereg', 'freecen' and private sites available online.

Good luck

alliejaye

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    A look at Arthur's birthplace and occupation on the 1901 census seem to indicate that he's Sophia's son.
    If you haven't already found it, for some of his paintings https://
    entertainment.webshots.com/album/558673652wxtYEL
    Pam
    Arthur J Couche has a son Arthur J Couche who is also an artist!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123