Thread: Warningcamp

sueannbowen

Default Warningcamp

I have a rellie William Walter White who died in Warningcamp in 1887 (I have the certificate) but I cannot find where he is buried. Can anyone confirm that the nearest parish church would have been St Nicholas at Arundel? He doesn't seem to be there nor does his wife Amelia. I am now wondering whether they didn't like the Vicar!!

Any suggestions would be appreciated as always.

Jan1954

The Church of St Nicholas in Arundel is only about a mile or so away, and would have been the closest church.

Did William and Amelia have any children? If so, could they have been buried close to where their children lived? Another line of enquiry could be to check for funeral notices in the local newspaper.

Have you considered that they may have been buried in Arundel Cemetery? I am not sure when the cemetery was started, but you could have a look at the cemetery page of Arun District Council's website:
    arun.gov.uk/cgi-bin/buildpage.pl?mysql=4643 (Put www. in front)

Reputation beyond repute

He doesn't seem to be there nor does his wife Amelia.
    I'm not clear what you mean. Have you searched through the burial register?

pattenwalsh

There is a William Walter White burial on the NBI,12th Sept 1887 (aged 48) at St Mary,Lyminster and as this only a mile or two south of Warningcamp,I guess this is the one.

Reputation beyond repute

Since Warningcamp was actually in the parish of Lyminster, this must be a very likely one!

Sue - please bookmark GenUKI which covers this and many other points.

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by pattenwalsh View Post
    There is a William Walter White burial on the NBI,12th Sept 1887 (aged 48) at St Mary,Lyminster and as this only a mile or two south of Warningcamp,I guess this is the one.
    This looks like the one - the dates match. thanks very much Pattenwalsh.

Peter will do - then I won't need to bother you.