kiwipom

Default Thorpe St Andrew 1930's

I have a couple married in 1932, both giving their address as Thorpe St Andrew. The male describes his occupation as Hotel proprietor.
    I'm just wondering if someone could tell me what Hotels were operating in Thorpe St Andrew around 1932?
    Thanks
    Kiwipom

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by kiwipom
    I have a couple married in 1932, both giving their address as Thorpe St Andrew. The male describes his occupation as Hotel proprietor. I'm just wondering if someone could tell me what Hotels were operating in Thorpe St Andrew around 1932?
    The problem here is that he may not have lived in the hotel - a look in a directory for Norwich (try Norfolk sources )will show quite a few hotels.

Did the couple have any children - if so, do any birth certificates clarify things at all?

Did your chap leave a will in which he mentions the hotel, or did he inherit it from family?

Any mention of your chap on NROCAT?

kiwipom

Thanks once again for your thoughts Geoffers. There were no children. The male was born in Gloucestershire 9his Family of "independant means")and died 1940 in Honiton Devon. The female was born in Doncaster area of Yorkshire and married our Uncle in Bath Somerset in the 1960's.
    So no real ties to this area. It's basically just background info for me.

Thanks once agin for your help