Thread: Isaac Myers

Hugh Thompson

Default Isaac Myers

A dear friend of mine asked me if I could help with her fathers family, I'm back to the point where I'm trying to find the birth of Isaac Myers, who according to his trial was a tailor, born 1831 Whitechapel, he was convicted 6 July 1847 to 10 years transportation for larceny, and spent three years in Millbank Prison and the hulk "York" at Gosport before passage in 1851 on the "Minden" to Fremantle Western Australia.
    Thanks for any help you can give.
    Hugh.

CemeteryScribes

Hi Hugh
    Do you know the father's name? it would help to confirm whether any record found was the right one. In the meantime there is a Circumcision of an Isaac Myers 1828 [8 Jun] on www.synagoguescribes.com but I doubt its the right one as not in London.

As its pre-civil registration its going to be difficult to find his birth unless its from Synagogue records.

Mutley

There is an Isaac Myers in the 1841 census living in Frying Pan Alley, Whitechapel.

Catherine Myers 35, 1806 from Foreign Parts
    Jacob Myers 15, 1826
    Isaac Myers 14, 1827
    Aaron Myers 12, 1829
    Henry Myers 6, 1835
    Julia Myers 3, 1838
    Abraham Myers 6 Months
    all the youngsters born in Middlesex.

HO107/710/Book 13/45/19

Of course I have no idea if he is yours.

Hugh Thompson

Thanks Cemeteryscribes, I have no idea of his father's name, he had a son named Reuben Alexander Myers, and a grandson named Ernest Edward Isaac Myers, this looks like his death or marriage certificate needed I think.
    Thanks Mutley, his occupation was a tailor at the time of his trial, I don't know if that helps at all, the Isaac in that 1841 census you posted is about 4 years older than what is written in the trial notes but it could be him, I just love the "from foreign parts" tag, that really helps.
    Thanks.
    Hugh.

Meyers2012

Not sure if you have seen this from Fremantle Prison Convict Database online?

MYERS, Isaac

Convict No 847
    Ship Name Minden
    Ship Arrival Date 14 Oct 1851
    Birth Date 1831
    Deceased 1906
    Marital Status Unmarried
    Occupation tailor
    Sentence Date 6 Jul 1847
    Sentence Place Clerkenwell
    Sentence Province Middlesex
    Sentence Country England
    Length of Sentence 10yrs
    Crime larceny from the person
    Ticket of Leave Date 14 Oct 1851
    Conditional Pardon Date 10 Nov 1855
    Known Areas Perth, Toodyay, York, Fremantle
    Married Caroline BERRY

Hugh Thompson

Thanks Meyers 2012 I didn't have that list, the trial transcripts had info that was handy but nothing that really helped re his birth details, I do now have quite a lot of info on the descendants of Isaac and I've neglected him lately as I have been working forward with family lines.
    Thanks again.
    Hugh.