geoffpowers

Question Cannot find my old posts.

As I have become an infrequent visitor to Brit.-Gen. in the past year, today I tried to locate my old/original postings (2004-2007) re Benjamin Wallis, b.c1675, Gloucs. (?).

My search with the words 'Benjamin Wallis' produced a list of 'non-specific' posts. Why might this be? Have old posts been archived?

Geoff

Reputation beyond repute

Using Google - "benjamin wallis" site:british-genealogy.com

No implied criticism of the site's search facility, it's just that many people are familiar with searching with Google.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Here's your old post:

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...GLS?highlight=

I clicked on your user name, clicked View Profile, which brought up your profile, then clicked Find All Started Threads in the left hand column of your User Profile page.

geoffpowers

Thanks, Peter!

I don't normally travel via Google, but rely instead on the various shortcuts I have built into my FH Search Facility.

Wll have to go back to the 'bows and arrows/mangonel and big lump of rock' method.

Cheers

Geoff

ShirleyThompson

I also can't find my lone previous post, from yesterday. I can't seem to find my username on here - maybe I will after this posts. Or, is it that there's a delay between posting, and when it shows online?

Thanks for any help!
    Shirley

Geoffers

There is no delay and you appear to have only submitted one message on the forums.

If you look at your message above, you'll see your name on the lef side of the screen - this is a link, click on it and you will get a small drop-down menu which you can use to select from several options.

ShirleyThompson

Thank you for your help! I wonder what did happen to my post - maybe I hit cancel instead of post, by mistake, lol. Will try again.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Shirley, as many of us have experienced, if you hit "go advanced" to preview your post, it is so-ooo easy to NOT to hit the submit button thinking the post secure. Always scroll down & make sure you SUBMIT.

so many messages rolling around in the ether......heading for the submit..hate that word.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.