meleanor

Default How to find German rec. from Hesse and Wurtem

Thanks to British Gen. I have information on two families from Germany. From Hesse Cassel a John Henz b. 1818 and daughters Katherine b. Dec. 1841, Mary b. 1846 and Adelaide b. 2-29-1848.

Also an Christian Berner b. 1828 and brother Imanuel F. Berner b. 1837 from Wurttemberg. Christian married an Eliza___.

How do I proceed to find records of them in Germany? Thanks for any tips on German research. Meli

Brick wall demolition expert!

meleanor

Thanks so much! The Anglo German site looks great. Adelle, another big Thank You.... I thought I had done those sites, but rechecked and found some info on the Pilot site. Now my question is, where do I go in Germany, or do I (!?) to find those families if Family Search, Ancestry, Roots, etc. have been exhausted? Thanks to all!!!

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by meleanor View Post
    and found some info on the Pilot site. Now my question is, where do I go in Germany, or do I (!?) to find those families if Family Search, Ancestry, Roots, etc. have been exhausted? Thanks to all!!!
    What info did you find?

meleanor

Absolutely amazing considering I had checked them previously. Immanuael F. Berner b. 1837 and Christian F. Berner b. Nov. 1828 shared the same parents, Matthias Immanuel Berner and Catharine Dorothea Schaber. I am hoping I can assume that these are my family. Then there were 13 other siblings who died shortly after birth. Poor Catharine!!! The Berner side went back two more generations. So this is quite a find, all because you found Christian on the 1870 census as Christian Beaner. Thanks again!