alij123

Arrow Birth search please?

I am trying to find a birth for Edward Griffiths who was born llanfair in 1849 to no avail i have searched the BMD sites to no avail can anyone help please
    thankyou in advance

Iced_Gem

hi

i found him with his wife i searched a birth there is nothing in 1848 or 1849 but what do you think of this

Edward Griffiths
    Estimated birth year: abt 1848
    Relation: Son
    Father's Name: John
    Mother's Name: Elizabeth
    Where born: Llanfair, Montgomeryshire, Wales

whole census record here ------> Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2499; Folio: 64; Page: 21

is yr llanfair on anglesey ??

iced xx
    Last edited by Jan1954; 12-08-2010 at 5:47 PM. Reason: GSU roll numbers removed, which are copyright.

Jan1954

Hello,

What is your source for Edward having been born in 1849, please? The Festiniog registration district covered Llanfair and there are a couple of Edward GRIFFITH (without the "s") registrations for 1852.

alij123

Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Gem View Post
    hi

i found him with his wife i searched a birth there is nothing in 1848 or 1849 but what do you think of this

Edward Griffiths
    Estimated birth year: abt 1848
    Relation: Son
    Father's Name: John
    Mother's Name: Elizabeth
    Where born: Llanfair, Montgomeryshire, Wales

whole census record here ------> Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2499; Folio: 64; Page: 21

is yr llanfair on anglesey ??

iced xx
    It is Lanfair ruthin DC denbighshire

alij123

Quote Originally Posted by Jan1954 View Post
    Hello,

What is your source for Edward having been born in 1849, please? The Festiniog registration district covered Llanfair and there are a couple of Edward GRIFFITH (without the "s") registrations for 1852.
    He is on the 1871,1881,1891,1901 census and it is definately Griffiths on 1901 census it says born llanfair DC Denbighshire and on 1881 says born llanfair denbighshire

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by alij123 View Post
    It is Lanfair ruthin DC denbighshire
    Ah - then that would be Ruthin registration district. I have had a look there on FreeBMD and there is neither Edward GRIFFITH nor GRIFFITHS recorded that I can see.

A couple of things to consider:
    1) His birth was registered elsewhere
    2) His birth was not registered. This happened with some in the early years of registration.

Iced_Gem

llanfair dc is = Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd
    "A parish in the Union and hundred of Ruthin, county of Denbigh, 2 miles (S) from Ruthin, on the road to Wrexham and Llangollen
    This parish is situated on the banks of the river Clwyd, at the upper extremity of the spacious vale to which that stream gives its name; and abounds with interesting and beautifully varied scenery.

Iced_Gem

https://streetmap.co.uk/grid/313500_355400_3

Births Jun 1849 (>99%)
    -----------------------------------------------

GRIFFITHS Edward Wrexham 27 300 is in denbighshire

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This Registration District was initially (1837) co-extensive with the Ruthin poor law Union.
    It was divided into six sub-districts :
    No. 1 sub-district (Llanarmon (yn Iāl)) :
    Comprised the Denbighshire parishes of Llanarmon yn Iāl, Llandegla and Llanferres.
    No. 2 sub-district (Ruthin) :
    Comprised the Denbighshire parishes of Efenechtyd, Llanbedr Dyffryn Clwyd, Llanfwrog, Llanrhydd, Llanychan and Ruthin.
    No. 3 sub-district (Llanelidan) :
    Comprised the Denbighshire parishes of Derwen, Llanelidan and Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd. <---------------********
    No. 4 sub-district (Gyffylliog) :
    Comprised the Denbighshire parishes of Clocaenog, Gyffylliog and Nantglyn.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Who is the father of Edward? From your previous thread.....1901 census look up......... 1871 rg 10 5626

The one I find is Edward b 1806 LLANFAIR MONTGOMERYSHIRE a farmer based at

Hirros, Pentyrch, Llanfair Caereinion, Montgomeryshire 1861 RG 9 4259

Is this correct?