Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    badoldlady

Default John Hanger of Weymouth

Hi there,
    My g-grandfather married a woman called either Mary Jane or Mary Ann Hanger, who was from Weymouth in Dorset - father's name John, Mary born about 1851. Mary's husband, Robert Barry, left her some time after 1881 - not sure if she died, or if he abandoned her, as he was a sailor who at the time of his marriage to my g-grandmother in Australia said he was a bachelor, not a widower.

I believe Mary may be the Mary J Barry listed in the 1891 census as a visitor in Weymouth - perhaps she left Robert Barry & went home to her parents in Dorset. Haven't been able to find either a death, re-marriage or later census entry for her. Also not sure if she had any children with Robert Barry.
    Any information about the Hanger family in Weymouth would be greatly appreciated! (Especially what happened to Mary Barry nee Hanger!)

Genealogy girl

To badoldlady
    Just sent you a private message about Mary Jane Hanger 1850....sorry think I put 1950 by mistake!!!
    genealogy girl

r_hanger

Default William Hanger m 1793 Weymouth

r_hanger At optusnet DOTcom DOT au

I have just found your correspondense from July 2010 and wonder if you have reached any conclusion re William's birth and parentage.? Everyone seems to come to a halt at this marrriage between William and Elizabeth Dryer in 1793. This couple are my husbands 5x great grandparents.Any information you can give would be much appreciated.

Regards

Rachel Hanger
    Last edited by Procat; 14-08-2011 at 3:46 AM. Reason: Email address edited to try and deter spammers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12