bjelkier

Default Bootle, West Derby

I am trying to trace the burial details of a relation who died on 28/2/1920 in the Borough Hospital, Bootle.
    As I have no knowledge of the area I have no idea where he may be buried, but his home address at the time was Brighton Road, Waterloo.

Grateful for any help, thankyou

marrle

Do you know what religion they were, as it might help to locate where they would be buried.
    Margie.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Try this link for ideas

www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/LAN/Bootle/

Using map.google.co.uk Brighton Road Waterloo the nearest cemetary is at L21 8NW Linacre Road

Valued member of Brit-Gen barbara lee's Avatar

Hi Bjelkier

I live quite near Brighton Road Waterloo and I used to live in the building that was Bootle Borough Hospital.

As Marrie said, the religion will make a difference. Bootle /Waterloo was and is in a very Catholic area, so that is a possibility, and there is a Methodist Church not far away. But the nearest church building seems to be St John's at the junction of Brighton Road and St John's Road. It doesn't seem to be an active church now, and I don't know what denomination it was.

The former Bootle Borough Hospital closed down in the 1970s and is now owned by a medical diagnostic manufacturing company and known as Mast House. I am sure I have some old pictures of the hospital if you would like - send me a private mail with your e-mail address.

And Brighton Road is still there, although one side has no houses - it now has a postal sorting office and a Somerfield supermarket. On the other side one whole block of old houses has been run together as a DIY and garden centre (Tony Almonds), but there are still some houses on that side. If you know the house number your relation lived in I could go and see if it is still there and take a picture, if you like. Let me know.

For Catholic Records, I recommend - https://www.liverpoolhistoryprojects.co.uk/

Barbara

bjelkier

Thankyou all for your replies. I don't know for sure what religion he was although his parents married in a Methodist Chapel.

Barbara, many thanks for all the information and your kind offer, I will PM you with my email address,
    Bjelkier

marianne Faull

Hi,
    If you post the name and approximate age I can search Ford Cemetery records for you if they were RC.

bjelkier

Thankyou Marianne, I have no idea of his religion but it's Robert Edward Whittaker, aged 35yrs.

marianne Faull

He's not listed in Ford / Yew Tree cemeteries, sorry.

bjelkier

Thanks anyway Marianne,