Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mummery

Christine011

Hi
    Again, thank you for this. I have printed it out as it is of interest for my family and reiterates what my parents had said to an extent.
    I have been led to believe Charles F Mummery was quite involved with the Dentistry of the Leper Colonies, and, in those days worked without gloves or any protection apart from his gown.
    Anyway, you probably don't want to read all the ramblings of my family, so will leave it at that.
    Many, many thanks.
    Christine011

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by Christine011 View Post
    I do believe Charles went to the United Kingdom (when I do not know), but I would expect he went to London first and then to Scotland
    Christine011
    This appears to be his going to London:

Arrived 1 March 1920 on the Orsova of the Orient Steam Navigation Company Ltd line

Sailed from Fremantle, Landed Tilbury, Mummery Mr C, Dental student, Age 18, Last permanent residence Australia, Intended residence Scotland

Christine011

Yes, yes, yes,
    This is him ..... many thanks.
    Can go on from here.
    His mother's maiden name was Prince which is another line I want to follow, but not until I have done these others, otherwise I will get so confused I will not know in which direction I am going.
    You are wonderful.
    Christine011

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Christine011 View Post
    I would expect he went to London first and then to Scotland, from there he went to Malaysia and that is about all I know so am looking forward to reading anything that has been written on him.
    C. F. MUMMERY apparently applied for a professorship in dentistry at the Singapore College of Medicine in 1928.

Documents relating to his application are found amongst the Colonial correspondence here at the National Archives (CO 273/551/19). You may be able to order a copy online. Click this link.

Pmummery

Charles was my grandfather.
    So, You must be my fathers cousin.
    Peter.

Peter, Christine hasn't been to Brit Gen for a few years. However, if her registered email address is still valid, she should be notified of your message.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12