Woodpecker

Default Records not on the IGI around Holborn

I have a family with at least 9 children possibly more, I have found baptisms for 6 of them, 5 at St Andrew’s, Holborn and one at St Dunstan in the West, there are 2 missing in the 1780’s and one about 1796. The missing ones are not on the IGI so I’ll need to search individual registers but I don’t want to waste time searching through registers that are on the IGI, how can I find out which churches are on the IGI and does anyone have any good suggestions as to which churches close to Holborn I should start with?

bjelkier

If you google IGI Batch numbers, then go to the site for Batch numbers in British Isles and North America, you can follow the links to find which registers are covered in each town.

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

google parish locator,will give you nearby parishes

Reputation beyond repute

I don’t want to waste time searching through registers that are on the IGI
    I'm afraid there's a misapprehension about the IGI there. A register may nominally be "on the IGI" but there is no guarantee that all entries in the stated period are included.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Woodpecker View Post
    how can I find out which churches are on the IGI and does anyone have any good suggestions as to which churches close to Holborn I should start with?
    The best up to date listings of which London/Middlesex are parishes available online are produced as .pdf files by the West Surrey FHS. These cover not just the IGI, but other online resources such as Findmypast/Docklands Ancestors and Ancestry (but note that the listings for Ancestry are not yet complete).

Go to
    wsfhs.org/ResearchAids.htm (put www. in front)

Download RA49 (baptisms), RA50 (marriages) and RA51 (burials), all free.

google parish locator,will give you nearby parishes
    I'm afraid Parloc is not too helpful for London -- especially the City of London -- as the parishes are far too close together for the results to be meaningful.

Woodpecker

Smile

A very big thank you to everyone who has replied, I'll get googling, the wsfhs site looks interesting.