bootnecksbs

Unhappy When, Where and Why Did They Die?

Hi Fellow Researchers,

I have hit a brick wall in finding the date,location and reason my G.G.G Father and his wife died and 'am appealing to anyone who can assist.

I have the following info: Allen BACON c.1849 -?
    Eliza Prior c.1846-?
    Allen was baptised 21st April 1850
    They were married in Jan 1873
    According to the relevant censuses they both resided in West Wittering,Sussex from birth until at least 1901.

I belong to both Anc.... and Gen........ and can not find any details. I have purchased the parish register information for west wittering from the SFHG and can not find them so am at a loss what to do next. Any Ideas?

Kindest Regards,

Martin

A warning to anyone taking a subsription out with Gen........ CHECK the areas that have been transcribed BEFORE paying as I joined only to discover they don't cover ANY of the areas I need!
    I e-mailed them to inform them and was basically told hard luck mate you should have looked first..although they did agree to reduce my subscription from 12 to 6 months.
    So now I'm stuck with a subscription that's no use to me (even looking at ALL the other available documents including the new BMDs 1600 onwards!)

Jan1954

Chichester registration district (which covers West Wittering), December quarter 1929, volume 2b, page 493, Allan BACON, aged 80.

Seems to fit with a birth year of 1849, but please note the spelling of his first name.

Knowledgeable and helpful Jellylegs's Avatar

There is a death registration on FreeBMD of an Eliza BACON, aged 72, in March 1920 - Registration District Westhampnett, Volume 2b, Page 502

Jellylegs

Brick wall demolition expert!

1911 they are living at Holmes Cottages West Wittering Chichester
    Allen Bacon-1849-farm lab- born West Witttering parish-62
    Eliza bacon-1847-born Emsworth hampshire-64
    married 38 yrs
    6 children-5 living-1 deceased.

Comes under Westhampnett ref district.
    death certs will give you the info you seek

bjelkier

Both are still in West Wittering in 1911 - married 38yrs, 6 children -1 died.

bootnecksbs

Well how that for quick service...many thanks to Jan, Jellylegs, Valg and Bjelkier for your prompt and informative replies.

Just shows how useless I am at this research business when I couldn't find the info on Ancy and Gen......let alone on FreeBMD duh!

Kindest Regards to you all,

Martin