ET in the USA

Question Need help understanding an IGI marriage entry

I'm guessing that this question has been covered before, but reading several related threads, I can't find the answer - so here comes the question again.

Looking at the IGI entry for the marriage of George Gill & Esther Badman, the entry reads as follows:
    George Gill
    Male
    Marriages:
    Spouse: Esther Badman
    Marriage: 19 Dec 1821 Christ, Bristol,G, , Gloucester, England
    Messages: Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the marriage date.
    Source Information: No source information is available.
    Can anyone tell me what the Message & source information really mean? How can I verify a source that isn't available? Is this source one step better than a submitted record but not as good as an extracted record with a batch number, etc.?

Thanks
    Elaine

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Elaine it's one step better than nothing! A real tease because of this sentence

Messages: Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the marriage date.
    Source Information: No source information is available.
    It sounds as if the person has privately found the record in Parish records but didn't include it. I'm not sure if this is a rule as some extractions are done by Church Members from the films & listed as such. Hence the batch no. which is their 'source' or officiating parish.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Reputation beyond repute

You'll have to ask the Mormons if they can tell you what the source information is but it looks as if it's intended to mean Christ Church, Bristol. I would suggest that those are the records you need to order.

ET in the USA

Thanks.

P.S. I hate teasers [but clues are good].
    Elaine

rogtut

Hi

This marriage is listed twice in the LDS Record Search Pilot and is in two different films Both films are in stock in the LDS London centre and I'll have a look at them for you (I go there at least once a week). Will be in touch.

ET in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by rogtut View Post
    Hi

This marriage is listed twice in the LDS Record Search Pilot and is in two different films Both films are in stock in the LDS London centre and I'll have a look at them for you (I go there at least once a week). Will be in touch.
    Thanks so much. I doubt they are in stock in Bothell WA

rogtut

Success - copies of both but not best quality. Let me know your email address and I will send them.