Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    colashbury

Did he marry....

Valued member of Brit-Gen Belinda1969's Avatar

I cant find any marriage for him,looked on 1911 also cannot find him,spelt the Coot surname in lots different ways but still nothing

bibliojunkie

Blimey Belinda, I don't envy you trying to unravel all them Coot(e)s - is that the only surname in Flamstead? When searching earlier in 1911 I became totally confused. Are William's birth details from a cert or parish records? I don't suppose he had a middle name........

BTW, the WW1 death Colin found is a William Coote aged 38, son of William and Susan Coote of guess where.

Ali

colashbury

Hi Ali. There were 2 William Coots who died that year. A William Coot and a William Coote. Infact , there were a great deal of Coots or Cootes who died just in 1918 alone. .....
    Only William marriage found in that area was to a Betty Copcutt, but Williams Father was George.
    Thought I had found him then realised that I was 10 years out.
    William 34
    Emma 32
    Wilfred 7
    Lily 4
    Living with Alfred, Father to one of em. 73 Widower......................Colin

colashbury

At least thats one death record for you if yer aint got it. Could always look up his Army medal card as well. Another death found was a William H Coot. Born 1851 died 1932 Hemel Hemstead aged 81. 3A-1377
    Our William seems to have gone missing though. Running out of ideas. Cant find him on a census report. No death record and no marriage..........Colin

I tell ya i been searching my Coote's for 2years and they all mostly come from Flamstead,Royston,Barrington,Cambridge etc
    Its been fun finding them but they all keep having the same names which doesnt make life easy in tracing them,yes i agree i think Flamstead must have gone *oh no not another Coot* lol..There is just few missing links in my family tree hence why ive put them on the forum as i searched n searched but cannot find them,so im afraid there will be some more Coot,Coote posting going on soon
    Colin Thankyou for all your help yesterday,we searched and searched didnt we but couldnt find him,where did he go lol
    Shall try again today

Belinda

colashbury

Yer think Ime all out. The only one found born 1878 on the 1901 census was the lodger in London, with Mr Bolt. By the looks of it though, he was born that way as well. Tried 4 or 5 sites and found nowt else. Only other answer me thinks is Armed Forces....On sayin that, I have an ancestor that was born 1834, cant find him in any census reports. Maybe 1871 but unsure of that one yet. Found him on 2 marriage certificates but thats it. Cant even find my Mothers whole family on the 1911 census so some are missin somewheres. Good luck with the rest of your research anywhos and hopefully William will pop up somewhere......Colin

Thankyou for all your help though Colin,was much appreciated...Belinda :-)

colashbury

Your welcome. Anything else, dont hesitate to ask. Hopefully someone will come along with a William on the 1911 census and all will be answered. Unfortunately not accessible to me so cant have a look......Speak soon.......Colin

Looked on 1911 Colin,he wasnt there,shall put another Coote mystery posting on now as i have plenty lol...Belinda

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast