drimnagh

Default Palmerstown Pipe Band

Hi all,

I would be very grateful for help with finding information about the band.

My father Jim Hickey was a teenager when the band was formed in 1922.....he joined as a drummer and played with them for some years.

Some years ago a lady from Palmerstown named Rita Mahady sent me some photocopies of articles from a local history project, which included photocopies.....these got lost in a house move since then, so now I am starting from scratch again......Dad went on to be a drummer in the Army Pipe Band.

I do, however still have a list of most of those in the photo of the founding members : J. Madden, J Fortune, P. Fox, G Fitzgerald, J. Peake, M. Fortune, J. Hickey, M. Gogarty, F. Byrne, K. Byrne, K. Cosgrave, L Dardis, J. Whelan, B. Kavanagh and ? Campion.

The 1926 photo had : W. Shields, J. Fortune, J. Lanigan, P.Brien, J. Hickey, B. Kavanagh, L. Dardis, K. Byrne, S.Madden, F.Byrne, M. Gogarty, P. Leech, D. Byrne, G. Fitzgerald, J. Murphy and P. Fox.

As I said any help at all would be much appreciated.

Joe

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Joe, have you 'googled' Palmerstown Pipe Band' at all ? There is quite a lot of info there, including perhaps some of your own searches. Also there, a Forum which may be of help to you.

Wendy
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

drimnagh

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    Joe, have you 'googled' Palmerstown Pipe Band' at all ? There is quite a lot of info there, including perhaps some of your own searches. Also there, a Forum which may be of help to you.

Wendy
    Hi Wendy,

I have googled but with no success.....thanks for your help....much appreciated.

Joe