busyglen

Default Sidney/Sidney DYER

I am posting this in case it helps someone in their researching.

My husbands gt. grandmother was Lily PETERS born in Kent, and daughter of John Charles PETERS, Coastguard of Stoke Damerel, Devon.

Lily PETERS married Sydney DYER on 23rd August, 1916 in Sheerness, Kent and at that time his age was 25, with father shown as Thomas DYER Decd.
    A local article in the newspaper, stated that he was the son of Mr. & Mrs. Dyer from Devon. Sydney & Lily had a son Halcyon, who died a few months old, and in November 6th 1917 Sydney died of TB.

I know nothing of the family and as Lily PETERS married again, I have been concentrating on that line which leads to my husband. However, I did look on the 1901 Census and found the following which may be Sydney's family.
    Moreton Hampstead
    Thomas Dyer, m, 73, gen. farm lab. b. Hurham, DEV
    Mary A Dyer, m, 53, b. Bovey Tracey, DEV
    Ellen Dyer, daur, s, 16, b. Moreton Hampstead DEV
    Sidney Dyer, son, 9, b. Moreton Hampstead DEV
    Blanch Dyer, daur, 7, b. Moreton Hampstead DEV
    Lillian Dyer, gd.daur, 2m, b.Moreton Hampstead, DEV

It was such a sad story, that Sydney & Lily married and then lost their baby, and then he died within a year of the marriage. I thought that it could be possible that his siblings didn't know of where his death took place, so posted this in case someone is looking. I haven't confirmed that the above is his family so would need to be checked.

Glenys

busyglen

Yes that's the one, thanks Mark. I think Shellyb who ticked the `thanks' box was the one who emailed me. I'll have a look through my emails, as I am sure she wrote to me rather than put a message on the forum.

Thanks for coming to my rescue as always.

MarkJ

I suspect you meant to email or PM me with that info Glen but not to worry - hopefully Shellyb will spot it and get back in touch anyway! I see from her profile that she is researching Dyer family members, but she hasn't been on the forum for a while now. She does seem to have the email facility on her profile though - so worth a shot.

Mark