I have two queries that are similar, but not sure how I stand on them, so would be grateful of some advice.

I am re-creating as much info as I can find relating to a village that was pulled down in the mid-1970s, but so far most of the info has been transcribed by me. I was recently given a copy of a local directory for 1901 (over 100yrs old) which included details of the people living in the village. It wasn't taken from the Census as there were quite a few different people living in the houses, and there was no info on copyright. The firm no longer exists, so I copied it, changing the order from Name index to Road index. Could I fall foul here, bearing in mind the company no longer exists?

The second issue is that I have been given photocopies of three directories for 1953,1957 and 1964 relating only to the village. I believe it was printed by a local Estate Agents, which still exists on the Island, but with different partners etc. and a copy of these are held in the local Library. Could I use this information if I altered the layout, and what would the position be regarding the people who lived in the village at these times. Bearing in mind again that the village no longer exists.

I have been doing this in an effort to help anyone searching for their families that lived in the village, which so far has brought quite a few results.

I 'd welcome your advice.

Glenys