Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bonsaitron

Default Edwin Trenerry born 1836 in cornwall

Hi
    Is anyone able to look up the possible emigration of Edwin Trenerry b 1836 cornwall England to Australia. He is the son of William Trenerry and Suky Eastmead , the last time I find him on the Uk census is 1851 aged 15. I think he possibly emigrated with his brother William martin Trenerry, i can see entries for an Edwin Trenerry as emigrating to Australia but do not have worldwide membership for Ancestry and am unable to see the full dtails to check whether the brothers did emigrate or whether I am just barking up the wrong tree!
    Any help would be much appreciated

MarkJ

The names sound vaguely familiar - can you give the census reference for them in 1841/51?

I have a fair amount of stuff on the Trenerry families - just trying to understand which particular branch of the family they are.

Mark

Edit: Ah - I know the family now, from the St Clement parish in Truro. I would still be interested in their location the census records though. I did find one of the daughters lodging with an Eastmead aunt in 1851.
    Last edited by MarkJ; 14-02-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Procat

I have checked for Edwin Trenerry but am unable to see any evidence in migration records to Australia for him on Ancestry. There are electoral roll records for that name but they are for 1930 and later so unlikely to be your man.

A William Trenerry is recorded in immigration records but he was born c1853. There is a William Martin Trenerry in the electoral rolls but again these are post 1930.

Bonsaitron

Default whereabouts in 1851

1841 England Census Solar Row
    ■Class: HO107; Civil Parish: St Clements; County: Cornwall; Enumeration District: 11; Page: 16; Line: 22;

1851 England Census 39 bodmin street
    ■Class: HO107; Piece: 1910; Folio: 117; Page: 11;
    Last edited by Jan1954; 15-02-2010 at 8:49 AM. Reason: GSU numbers removed as they are copyright; duplicate information removed

Nannas

Hi,
    Edwin (listed as TRENNERY) arrived in Sydney NSW , August 1854 on Lady Elgin. States he was an 18yo butcher from Truro Cornwall..Father William and mother (lloks like Susan) both dead. Says he has a sister Mary Jane living at Bathurst.

There is another Edwin listed as TRENERY arriving in Victoria in 1863,,a miner.

Nannas

Nannas

Hi again,
    There is a death for Edwin T TRENNERY 1862 Picton NSW father William M mother Susan.
    William died 1896 Picton NSW father William mother Sukey.

Nannas

Procat

Well found Nannas.

Hugh Thompson

I think this will be your Mary Jane, note the different spelling, there's also another entry for a Ellen Trenery arriving on the Forest Monarch 1858.2138, 2477.
    From the NSW State Records.
    address

https://srwww.records.nsw.gov.au/indexes/searchform.aspx

Assisted immigrants arriving in Sydney & Newcastle, 1844-59
    Trenery. Mary J age 22 or TRENENY arrived aboard the Ellenborough 1853 2137, 2464

Hugh Thompson

Also if you go to Online microfilm of shipping lists at the NSW State records (address below) and click on the "new online reel" you'll find her listed in the passenger list for the Ellenborough 1853 12 Oct. on page 13, her calling looks like Milliner from Truro(I think?)Cornwall, religion CoE, and can read and write.
    Hugh.

https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/state-...ists-available

Hugh Thompson

The Ellen Trenery above is also on those passenger lists arriving on the Forest Monarch 1858 age 17 domestic servant from Cornwall.
    Hugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast