Default Michael Adolphus

I have turned up a couple of references to "Wulf Ridolphus" also known as "Michael Adolphus"

Has any one else come across "Wulf"?

My ancestor Joseph Myers married "a daughter of Adolphus" but I can go no further, hence my interest in Michael who was a contemporary of Joseph's son Naphtali Hart Myers (New york, London) - Naphtali Hart Myers (c1711 - c1786) to give you the time frame

Default MICHAEL ADOLPHUS

I do not know if there is any relevance to your Michael Adolphus but if you look on Google Books you will see reference to a Michael Adolphus who married Racheal in 1730 ( it looks as if the connection is via Aaron Franks but there are references to Moses Hart)- see Reports of Cases argued in the Court of Chancery- the dates of the various references go back to 1720 and you can see the various names.
    Hope this is of use.
    Phillip

CemeteryScribes

Hi

According to Sketches of Anglo Jewish History - James Picciotto pub. 1956 : "Michael Adolphus, who died in 1785 was a member of an Anglo-American family: Emden pp.59-65 [p460 Editor's notes] Emden = Jews of Britain by Paul H Emden. London 1944.

I'm guessing that you know the will of Michael Adolphus is available at UK National Archives also Reuben Adolphus 1759.