+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Finally got them all
    Well done Pam - for all that hard work you get free membership of the British-Genealogy forums

It's all very well setting these quizzes Geoffers, but you must bear in mind that some of the pay-to-view-the-census sites ain't very hot on transcriptions.
    Sorry

Clue - "Is he alright?" - "Yes" - "Pity"

This is where Alec Guinness gets hit on the head

Kierlaw is the name of the character played by Ernest Thesiger

Clue - Woodstock town centre at night

After Stanley Holloway and Hugh Griffiths steal a train, they are seen driving it through Woodstock town centre.

Mallingford is the name of a town in the film

Clue - Boccherini

The composer of the music repeatedly played through the film

Copenhagen Tunnel - The character played by the wonderful Katie Johnson lived in a house (a set built for the film) on top of Copenhagen Tunnel.

Connection = All produced at the Ealing Studios. (Not sure if they're all classed as Ealing comedies.)
    Well they makes I larf so I calls 'em comedies.

Completely bonkers and will never change. Pam Downes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Caseys View Post
    Had The Lady Killers and Cecil Parker

The frustration is over ( i hope !)
    I got myself in a right tangle because I originally thought 'The Ladykillers' was the link. Got the Jack Warner name early on because although he was indexed incorrectly one of his sisters, Doris, was transcribed correctly.

The reason I said 'And what is the connection to Boston Lincolnshire?' was because I thought that 'The Ladykillers' was the connection, and the second assistant editor on the film was Jim Clark, who was born in Boston. So he was in fact only connected to film three, and not all three.
    Though the make-up artist on 'The Titfield Thunderbolt' was Harry Frampton - and Frampton is a village about three miles from Boston.

(Jim Clark, incidentally, went on to win both an Oscar and a BAFTA in 1985 for best film editing for 'The Killing Fields'.)
    Pam

Completely bonkers and will never change. Pam Downes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
    Well done Pam - for all that hard work you get free membership of the British-Genealogy forums
    I am overwhelmed to have won this amazing priceless prize. Thank you so much. Though I would have preferred to know where Henry was born, and the names of his parents - and of course, where they married, and the names of their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Finally got them all.
    It's all very well setting these quizzes Geoffers, but you must bear in mind that some of the pay-to-view-the-census sites ain't very hot on transcriptions.
    In fairness, I've just checked and Findmypast did get them all right. Not that that would have helped much until you gave the Mallingford and Kierlaw clues.
    Pam

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think you both need to get out more
    Ladkyis

“You can’t give her that!” she screamed. “It’s not safe!”
    IT’S A SWORD, said the Hogfather. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

I am fluent in three languages, English, Sarcasm and Profanity

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Ladkyis
    I think you both need to get out more
    Too late, I've just started watching 'The Maggie' (1954), Paul Douglas, Alex Mackenzie, James Copeland Hubert Gregg, Geoffrey Keen - dir. Alexander Mackendrick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3