Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Lizzy9

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy9 View Post

June 24th 1912

Eliza Sibthorpe 19 spinster, 29, Crossfield Street, Thomas Sibthorpe (Dock Labourer) was entered as father, but has been crossed out?
    Henry Thomas Dickman (Labourer) 27 bachelor, same address as Eliza, father: Harry Dickman (Labourer)
    Witnesses: Charlotte Ann (looks like) Targett and John Dawson.
    Bride, groom and witnesses all signed.
    It's possible John Wallis was Eliza's father, if her parents' weren't married that would explain why her name was Sibthorpe, would also explain why Thomas Sibthorpe was crossed out in the father's box on marriage parish entry.

I'm pleased for you and your Mum that you now feel you are getting somewhere. Always happy to help. I'll keep looking and if I find anything else I'll get back to you.

Joc_42

Thank you so much I'll keep my fingers crossed you find more you obv know where to look. Although we did already have some (although very little) of this info we have never been able to make it fit together before this weekend.

I'll ring Mum and tell her about that because that would make sense why it was crossed out.

:-)

Lizzy9

Hi Jo,

You mentioned you are also researching the Bowman family who were fairground workers, if you aren't familiar with this site you may find it interesting.

https://www.nfa.dept.shef.ac.uk/

Joc_42

Very interesting.thx Lizzy.

richardstree

I too am looking into Loveridge and have PM Joc with some information, then thought I might just add some of that to this thread.

I am researching Albert Loveridge DOB approx 1900 born unknown fathers name Thomas Loveridge (Labourer)
    He married Ethel Mary Ellingford-Baxter DOB 8.2.1908 born Grimsby
    They married at St Pauls Deptford 25.12.1924
    At the time of their wedding Albert lived at 23 Hales Street and Ethel at 5 Hales Street
    Albert is documented as a Street Hawker on my FIL birth cert 23.6.1929

Witnesses at the wedding were Annie Clara Banks and Alfred Ellingford Baxter

Having read through this thread I have seen that there were Banks on Hales Street and wondered if this name is of help to anyone.

janbooth

Jo,

Here is the full transcription of the 1881 TIBTHORPE census record for you:

RG11/702, folio 91, page 1
    1? Copperas Lane, St Paul Deptford

Thomas TIBTHORPE Head Mar 72 Labourer Peckham Kent
    Emma do Mother Mar 82 Camberwell
    Mary Ann do Daur 10 Scholar Deptford
    Emma do Daur 8 do do
    Thomas do Son 3 do do
    Harriett do Daur 14 months do

Not sure I understand the ages or the relationships but this is from the actual census sheet.

Janet

janbooth

Default SIBTHORPEs

Here are Thomas, Emma & Mary Ann in the 1871 census of St Paul Deptford:

RG10/742, folio 16, page 26
    21 Addey Street

Thomas SIBTHORPE Head Mar 19 Labourer General Old Kent Rd Surrey
    Emma do Wife Mar 17 Labourer's wife Peckham Surrey
    Mary Ann do Daur 5 months Deptford Kent

I think the death registration you have found for Thomas SIBTHORPE in 1889 is pretty likely to be the correct one - it is in the correct registration district and is the correct age for your Thomas.

I can't find Emma in the 1891 census at the moment under either SIBTHORPE or WALLIS.

Janet

Joc_42

Thx Janet.

Thx great to get a 2nd opinion on Thomas' death. I know I looked for Emma last night couldn't find her or a marriage.

Maybe she went back to the Goodey Family????

Joc_42

Hi All,

Just a quickie, was wondering which certs would be best to move us forward even further?

I was thinking William Sibthorpe Birth Cert and Thomas Sibthorpe and Emma Goodey Marriage cert???

On The loveridge side I really have no idea maybe Mary-ann Loveridge Birth Cert ???

Really don't want to order them unless they will be useful hence asking for a 2nd opinion.

Many Thanks

Lizzy9

Hi Jo,

See here
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...D-Certificates

It explains what info should be on a birth, marriage or death certificate.

If you need help finding the GRO ref needed to order cert's, do get back to us.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast