Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Stretch/Truebody marriage

I have (just) deleted a whole section of my tree having decided that a connection I made was incorrect. Now I'm not so sure.
    I have a marriage between Thomas Stretch & Lilian Truebody which I believe is correct in Leicester 1917 . I found a birth for May Stretch 1918 (mother Pallett) , and a birth in 1921 for John Stretch(mother Truebody). Revisiting this after a query , I found that Lilian Truebody had married in 1909 in Leicester, but no name for a spouse. I'm now wondering if ??Pallett died and Lilian remarried. However I can't find a death for a male Pallett in Leicester between 1909 & 1917 on bmd. Perhaps he died in the war?????

I'm about to trawl through deaths for a Pallett between these dates, but am wondering if there is anything else I can check.
    I guess the marriage cert for Thomas Stretch will give me the answer, but Thomas is a distant relative being the son of my grandad's sister and certificates can be expensive.

Lilian May Truebody's birth was registered in Keynsham JAS 1880.

pennydog

Reading your post I am confused (nothing new in that) May Stretch, mother Pallett b1918 surely means that ? Pallett was married to ? Stretch. John Stretch was the child of your Lillian Truebody and Thomas Stretch married 1909. The ? Pallett is female and therefore no connection to Lillian Truebody.
    Did Thomas Stretch have a brother? Is your interest in May Stretch or John?

Knowledgeable and helpful

All birth certs from around 1912 onwards give the mother's maiden name. The mother's maiden name remains the same no matter how many times she marries. Therefore the two children you mention must have been born to different mothers
    Emeltee

Default Stretch/Truebody

Thanks for the replies. Guess I was clutching at straws. Thomas Stretch married Lilian Truebody in 1917 that I believe to be correct and John W b 1921 is their son.
    The Truebody/Pallett conundrum probably has no connection as you both suggest.
    Guess I might send for that certificate just to 'know'.

I did do some searches on May so don't need any info on her, especially as she has turned out to be a 'red herring' so to speak.
    I have Thomas Gilbert Stretch's birth info...though nothing after his marriage to Lilian.
    Nothing on John W either except his dob on bmd.

ozlife

I know your post is a year old but I have some information to share that might help solve the Truebody/Pallett puzzle, if you haven't done so already.

Lilian Pallett, b. 1883, is a relative of mine. My research has found that she married John Francis Truebody in 1902. John died at age 28 in 1908 and Lilian married Patrick Mcowen in 1909 (this is the 1909 Lilian Truebody marriage that you mention). Patrick died in 1916. I can't find what happened to Lilian after this. I am intrigued that May Stretch's mother was Pallett. If May is Thomas' daughter then that seems to suggest that Lilian married Thomas Stretch but, if that's the case, why did she use her Truebody surname and not Mcowen at the time of her wedding to Thomas? Did you end up getting Thomas' marriage certificate? If so, is my Lilian the one who married Thomas or is there another Lilian Truebody?

Hope the info helps. Would love to hear if you discovered any more.

Default Stretch/Truebody

Hi Ozlife

Thanks for your reply!! Indeed I had more or less given up with this search. I have been revisiting the info I had. It looks likely that Liliam Pallett is the person I couln't find.
    I'm now hoping that Thomas Godfrey Stretch is 'mine'.
    My grandad's sister Florence Minnie Law married Jack Stretch in Leicester and Thomas Godfrey Stretch was their son.
    I'll contact you through nthe secure link with my email address so that I can send what I have if you are interested.