Phil Knight

Default Wells and related families

I'd be grateful to hear from anyone (including previous contacts, of course) who is also researching the Wells family, who migrated around North Notts before the later generations moved to Hull.
    The earliest Wells I've got is Johnathon, who married in Clarborough in 1738.
    His eldest son, Thomas, married Mary Bellamy, whose family I can trace through Gervase to Daniel Bellamy, born about 1680 ish. I've got a bit further back with Daniel's wife, Mary Thorpe, to her parents Richard & Rosamond (no surname available as yet), whose children were all born in Sturton cum Fenton.
    Moving down the generations, we have marriages of Wells men into the Holberry family, the Hiley family, the Empringham family, the Stamper family, and finally into the Fulstow family - linking to my other chain of ancestors, the Stows.

kmdward

This may be your John or another relation, from the Hayton Parish Chest.
    John Wells settlement certificate, legally settled in Clareborough dated 4 May 1739.

jennepape

Default Empringham

Hi,

I was interested to see that you have links with the Empringhams. I wonder if you have any links through them to the Papes of Lincolnshire (seems to be around Osbournby, Hagworthingham or possibly Boston)?

Many thanks,

Jenne